Raw Discussion

xear

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I'm on TEAM CENA after last night, he came off far cooler to me.

My personal highlight of Raw was the fact that they came up with a segment where they made Jim Ross dance (which he's probably stewing about) and we got to weight him on TV. ***** Segment.

I'm a huge fan of Miz and Truth but the whole build up so far including the last segment this week has completely gone against one of the fundamental rules of wrestling, in that the heel team should never go into a match as the underdogs. Even the 'can Cena/Rock coexist' factor doesn't make up for this. They could have at least salvaged some of this by Foley coming out at the end to align with Miz and Truth for the SS match.

Yeah, I agree with that. I was just thinking that it would help matters, if only by a tiny amount. One thing I did notice during the segment was just how small Miz and Truth actually looked standing next to Cena and Rock.

I'm probably by myself with this one but I did think that Miz's performance on the microphone was as good as any of them last night.

• Moderators

I think that's just a necessary evil to be honest. As much as it'd be lovely to see Miz and R-Truth looking a bit stronger they really aren't the story at the end of the day. Rock and Cena and what happens between them is the story. For better or worse (worse, as I'm much more a fan of Awesome Truth then Rock at this point) Miz and R-Truth are just the frozen peas next to Rock and Cena's Steak and Potatoes. Mind you, at least they'll be getting a lovely pay-off.

Reading that first post back, I think I could have worded it better. I'm not expecting Cena and Rock to go into the match as underdogs or even on par with Awesome Truth. If Foley had been added to the mix then it could have added an extra layer to the match, rather than simply an exhibition of Rock and Cena's moves before a quick sell job and then the go home sequence (obviously I appreciate that this is what they'll go for), it could have just given them a couple more options especially with it being one of the most anticipated PPV matches in a fair amount of time.

Edit. If I'd read your second reply first there Butch, I wouldn't have replied. Whether or not we agree with it, you're right, that is the story of this match.

• Paid Members

I'm just well disappointed in this. When I saw that Survivor Series poster, I was excited at both the match and what WWE would give us to make enemies, The Rock and John Cena, team up. The shit build turned this PPV from a definite purchase to a next morning download, for me.

This buyrate is OOOOAAAALLLLL down to The Rock. You'd think that he is enough, but who knows.

Considering the things that trend during Raw, anyone on the show could go "[insert whatever phrase] is now trending on Twitter" and have it happen.

Anyway, I think the Survivor Series might be a test as to how big a draw The Rock is on name alone with no storyline, no other reason to buy the show, and a shit performance during the build up.

Archived