Raw Discussion

xear

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Audible called for RAW dark match. Original match was a 6 man tag - Cena, Orton, Punk vs Henry, Miz, Truth.

Major We Want Ryder chants so Cena stops the lock up, and Punk runs to the back.

Few minutes later out comes Ryder in street clothes to huge pop, with Punk.

4 on 3 match, baby faces with the man advantage.

Ryder ends up with the pin on Miz.

He cuts a promo saying he started the YouTube show to either get noticed or fired. Tonight he got noticed and thanked everyone.

Ryder is over, isnt he?

Talking of pointless, so much of this 3 hour show was. Which isn't good for the show before a PPV. The entire Cole/JR thing, dragged out for weeks already, was dire except for JR dancing. JR takes the commentary seat for a little while then Cole simply comes out and JR fucks off again, not giving a shit. WHAT IS THE POINT. Mick Foley was wasted doing a half-assed version of an old classic segment which John Cena shat over during the whole thing anyway. Even seeing Bull Buchanan again couldn't make up for it. Brodus Clay's advertised big return was put off again. Then The Miz and Truth acknowledge they are an afterthought and insist they don't care, then they get beaten up again. Nash was great, but that's a given.

I shan't be looking out for the PPV, paying for it or otherwise, and I don't see how anything on the show would persuade anyone otherwise.

The This Is Your Life bit was better than the original, but that's not saying much.

I take it you must be joking.

Fact the original This Is Your Life segment with The Rock and Mick Foley scored an 8.4 rating

The only good thing with the segment from last night was The Rock laying out Foley with the Rock Bottom.

• Awards Moderator
The This Is Your Life bit was better than the original, but that's not saying much.

Fact the original This Is Your Life segment with The Rock and Mick Foley scored an 8.4 rating

The only good thing with the segment from last night was The Rock laying out Foley with the Rock Bottom.

I know what Pitcos means. Just because it got a high rating, doesn't mean it was any good. I remember watching the original 'This Is Your Life' after reading about it in Foley's book, and being embarrassed to be a fan. I found it cringeworthy.

And wasn't it 8.1?

This one, however ... I kind of want to see it, just for B-Squared...

I know what Pitcos means. Just because it got a high rating, doesn't mean it was any good. I remember watching the original 'This Is Your Life' after reading about it in Foley's book, and being embarrassed to be a fan. I found it cringeworthy.

And wasn't it 8.1?

This one, however ... I kind of want to see it, just for B-Squared...

8.4 million people at the time were watching that segment with The Rock and Mick Foley which means that 8.4 million people were interested in what was being presented.

Different people like different segments, I remember watching that segment and enjoying it at the time, I have watched it again and still find it entertaining.

8.4 million people at the time were watching that segment with The Rock and Mick Foley which means that 8.4 million people were interested in what was being presented.

That's not true at all and don't believe you think it is. Re-think dude.

8.4 million people at the time were watching that segment with The Rock and Mick Foley which means that 8.4 million people had their TVs switched onto RAW when the segment aired.

Those 8.4 million people could be dead, asleep, on the shitter, or just plain bored and waiting for the segment to finish.

• Paid Members

That's not true at all and don't believe you think it is. Re-think dude.

8.4 million people at the time were watching that segment with The Rock and Mick Foley which means that 8.4 million people had their TVs switched onto RAW when the segment aired.

Those 8.4 million people could be dead, asleep, on the shitter, or just plain bored and waiting for the segment to finish.

If memory serves, they had a dramatic rise in ratings DURING that segment. The high number peaked during the segment, it didn't start off at the segment.

According to the obviously unbiased Foley, the most likely explanation was people phoning their friends and telling them they had to see it.

At one point during the segment, I really thought it was going somewhere interesting. It began to seem like Foley was doing this deliberately, to show Cena up - and the thought occurred to me that Foley was going to align himself with Rock against Cena, and they were going to go with a more general 'stars of the attitude era vs Cena' idea.

I honestly thought this could be awesome - REALLY polarise the fans, by forcing them to choose a side. I was waiting for a Foley attack or even just turning it into an intense 'you're everything I hate about wrestling' kind of promo.

The Rock attack on Foley was pretty fun, but for a moment, I thought they had a real plan to it all.

Archived