Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Mike Bucci (Nova/Simon Dean) was apparently buried in Bob Holly's autobiography.

...Bucci's response...

There's another bit that wasn't in your quote, so here it is...

"Finally, lets all take a look at how Robert was cast off from the gates of the WWE. Did creative have nothing for him? No. Did he refuse a new contract? No. Did he get injured. No. His dismisal came after he was basically found crawling around backstage STEALING drugs from his "brothers". This had been going on for a while, so finally someone (Ken Kennedy, and good for him) decided to tell the office that Sticky Fingers had to go. And that was that.......

In closing , this will be the only time I address this misfit. The guy who pumped my gas this morning meant more to me than Bob ever did. In fact, he probably meant more, due to the fact he had a smile on his face and was a pleasure to be around....."

The small bit removed from your quote was...

"He was always miserable and treated everyone like crap. From taking liberties on Matt Capottelli (and to this day , how anyone can condone what happened, is truly insane) to beating up his fellow-drug-addict-loser-travel partner Rene Dupree, Bob showed his true colors..."

Sounds like Bob made a real impression on Nova.

Except in this case Kash is already in England as we speak. But I'd still imagine it to be a matter of deposit and the trust being broken if it wasn't secured in adequate time.

Yeah Kash said it was the deposit. If you remember with Corino he claimed to have booked flights but hadn't.

• Paid Members
you might remember this joker from a forum saga with Steve Corino...

Was that the great run with proof of purchased flight tickets along the lines of the following example*

iiOx95d.jpg

*example may not be fully indicative of poor excuse for a airline ticket proof.

Looks like The Wrestling is returning to the Edinburgh Festival this year.

I read some rave reviews about it the first time around. Comics & wrestlers working together... That'll never work. ;)

Did anyone go along to the first one? What did you think? Interested to hear what wrestling fans thought of it.

Between this, $5 Wrestling and mine & Billy Kirkwood's show it's going to be a fairly wrestling heavy fringe.

• Paid Members
Was that the great run with proof of purchased flight tickets along the lines of the following example*

iiOx95d.jpg

Ha! Forgot about that!

Here's Corino's ticket:

4havzc.jpg

Here's an example one freely available on the net:

confirmation_email_1.jpg

And here's the thread.

iiOx95d.jpg

Ha! Forgot about that!

Here's Corino's ticket:

4havzc.jpg

someone was looking for 'massive cocks' and 'hulk hogan sex tape in colour' at the same time

Ring of Homophobia!

I like the Briscoes, I think they're very good to watch. I enjoy their simple farmboy schtick, they're promos are very often entertaining. But shit like this is really disheartening if not unexpected. I have tried to con myself into think they are just simple, harmless rednecks but they (especially Jay) always show the incredibly ugly side to that mentality.

I saw this... Tweeted ROH to congratulate them on having an openly homophobic standard bearer. Then I decided this was a prissy, passive-aggressive middle class thing to do, deleted it and called Briscoe out politely over his comments instead. Then I decided that debating homophobia on Twitter with a gun toting chicken farmer from Delaware would be less productive than trying to teach my cat the harmonica.

It's been a busy afternoon.

• Paid Members

New signings on the way:

The names from the independent scene who are said to be in the process of following the protocol such as testing and waiting to be signed include Sami Callihan, Shaun Ricker, Samuray del Sol and Mike Bennett. Also offered a developmental deal was Smith James, who trained at Taz

Someone's had their knuckles rapped.

Jay Briscoe @jaybriscoe84

I feel very strongly about how and who should teach kids about certain things but I showed poor judgment by using that analogy and I'm sorry

Edited by Chris Brooker