Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

The E! Network, which is part of the NBC Universal family, has greenlighted a new reality series about the WWE Divas, Deadline.com reported this morning.

The series will go into the behind the scenes lives of WWE's performers and will be titled "Total Divas."

WWE has had the series concept in development for some time and have been filming material at least for a month, including Wrestlemania week.

The series will debut on 7/28 and will be produced by WWE and Bunim-Murray Productions, which worked on the first season of Tough Enough as well.

• Paid Members
I can't put into words how little I am interested in this show.

I can't wait.

No, no, that was a lie.

In terms of the arena. I heard rumblings that it was small, that image as an empty space confirms it. I do get a buzz from seeing once used wrestling arenas, such as this, the ECW arena, etc etc. it gives me that sense of, 'shit, I won't be able to watch the show there now', with the sudden realisation that I had never planned to when it was open, nor is the company actually running.

Cake and eat it springs to mind, but the fact I never even made the cake in the first place says it all.

then bumping in to Vince Russo in Starbucks. He really wasn't a fan of that Sting/Hardy match.

What was he like? For some reason I imagine him being dead sound to talk to if you were to bump into him.

He was a nice guy, typical New Yorker. Said sorry for the main event being shit as well, which was good of him!

The Impact Zone was one of those "bucket list" places for wrestling fans that you really had to attend at least once. Revelling amongst the mutants was something you had to experience at least once. It was fun to watch wrestling live in here, even if they should have got rid of it ages ago. Also, they used to shoot {Pro} and Worldwide in there, didn't they? WCW have certainly done a few shows from there. The capacity was about 1000, so it was quite small, but it has so much history to it.

I'll really miss the Impact Zone. It's going to be quite strange going to Florida and not getting the chance to go watch Impact. :(

Wasn't wcw filmed at MGM studios for a while not universal?

I seem to remember the cameras showing the Mickey Mouse ears before the show started

• Moderators
I seem to remember the cameras showing the Mickey Mouse ears before the show started

Disney MGM first, then went to Universal. Basically you can tell by the changing of the set on Worldwide.

In the worst news in the history of the world it seems like LA Park might have left AAA. Or at least that's what he's announced. He was talking recently about having a mask match with Wagner (away from AAA) and now it seems like he's broken hearts all over the world and maybe actually left. With their Latin American title as a matter of fact. I've no idea why they'd do this as a storyline so I fear it might be true. God knows how much of him will show up on YouTube now.

Actually reading a translation of what he said, it really, really doesn't seem like a work.

Edited by Vamp

• Paid Members
Dwayne Johnson ‏@TheRock

Mania may have been my last match. The 3 year goal was to come in & elevate the @WWE. Then proudly "do the honors". #RockTalk

As many people have suggested, it looks like Rock could be done as far as in-ring appearances goes.

• Paid Members

He's now in a position to gain far more doing WrestleMania 30 than he would be. They will bend over backwards. Michael Bay even called him out on it (half joking) in an interview about how wrestling isn't doing him much good. Everyone expected him to work next year. Now he says he probably wont be. Which means WWE will throw all sorts to get him on the show. Next year could be the big Hall of Fame and retirement match. He loves wrestling at the end of the day. He didn't need the money 3 years ago and he doesn't need it now. But he came back. WrestleMania 30, a special retirement match and a Hall of Fame induction could give him the perfect ending and do huge business for them.

I think he'll wrestle next year. He seems like a bloke who can be sold on an idea, rather than big money. If Austin came back and they did Austin vs Rock again, that would do retarded numbers I reckon.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay