Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I wish people would stop acting as though the pre show is necessary canon in order to have 'seen' a PPV. SummerSlam is a 4 hour show. Not a 7 hour show. Still way too long, but c'mon. Nobody ever counted the Sunday Night Heats and they were fun for ages. Of all the complaints levelled against WrestleMania 2000 nobody moans that it was like 12 hours long.

No fucker is claiming it's a 7 hour show. I said there's going to be almost 7 hours worth of viewing.  Infact don't be surprised if SummerSlam runs to almost 5 hours.

As far as I'm concerned the longer its on the better. :thumbsup:

Edited by The Clint

Plenty of fuckers are. The IWC is awash with people bitching that the shows go on for 7 hours now. Usually the same people who will watch every inch of it.

I wish people would stop acting as though the pre show is necessary canon in order to have 'seen' a PPV.

I don't know what places online you frequent besides the UKFF, but I have never known anyone to have that opinion ever.

• Paid Members

I've seen people on here comment on the amount of time recent PPVs run for, some of which along the lines of 'I was burnt out', that's usually been after an NXT special, hall of fame etc, then going in to a 5 hour PPV in the same weekend though.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

I wish people would stop acting as though the pre show is necessary canon in order to have 'seen' a PPV.

I don't know what places online you frequent besides the UKFF, but I have never known anyone to have that opinion ever.

Often see people complaining about the length it takes to consume a PPV now, and they factor in all the preamble. Then watch it all. Plenty on Wreddit. Comments sections on various stories, social media etc. It exists. It'd be a pretty pointless thing to just make up on a whim lad, wouldn't it?

Yes it would.

I was unable to relate to your frustration though, because I only read about wrestling online here and when following people who's opinions I like reading on Twitter.

I never understood why arguments happen between complete strangers in places like YouTube & Instagram comments sections.

Doing that as well as going on Reddit and coming here seems like a waste of time.

Edited by dopper

• Paid Members

The Connor thing is obviously just a wind up, PR campaign though isn't it. It's not just wrestlers after all:

" And finally

UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor jokingly said he would "slap the head off" Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo if they ever fought in the octagon. (BT Sport)"

Bell end

Punk's called the WWE stars out on getting worked by McGregor. I'd bet my bollocks to a barn dance that if Punk was with the company he would have been one of the first to respond.

It's so obvious what Conor is doing it actually worries me that grown adults WITHIN the pro wrestling business didn't see it for what it was, what they do every single day of their existence, work people. He's clearly testing the water, if nobody had responded and the general public never bothered and websites didn't report it then he may have had second thoughts due to interest levels not being there. However due to it being all over the shop media wise and thick idiots like Ric Flair saying Ziggler can take him or top guys like Reigns responding, it just increased Conor's asking price by about 3 million dollars I'd imagine.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

The Connor thing is obviously just a wind up, PR campaign though isn't it. It's not just wrestlers after all:

" And finally

UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor jokingly said he would "slap the head off" Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo if they ever fought in the octagon. (BT Sport)"

Bell end

Why does that make him a bell end? You've just said yourself he's on the wind up.

Everything he's said about wrestlers and Ronaldo are nothing more than passing comments. It's not like he's genuinely trying to knock any of them out.

Edited by Slapnut

• Paid Members

" And finally

Bell end

Why does that make him a bell end? You've just said yourself he's on the wind up.

Everything he's said about wrestlers and Ronaldo are nothing more than passing comments. It's not like he's genuinely trying to knock any of them out.

I was just joking with a smirk on my face as I read it, but didn't explain as much. The concept of him saying 'if they ever fought in the octagon' made me think daft arse.

I actually like this jiggery pokery, it's fun to see him talking shite about wanting to slap anyone in the public eye.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi