Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Pac's new name is Adrian Neville.

http://www.fcwwrestling.info/Roster/Adrian-Neville.html

...and the Welsh chappie who signed (apologies, forget his name) is now Gavin Reid http://www.fcwwrestling.info/Roster/Gavin-Reid.html

Adrian Neville is an incredibly boring name. Another of those Ricky Bobby/Daniel Bryan/Garrett Dylan/Travis Tyler/Kenneth Cameron, two first-name, names that WWE writers seem to like.

• Paid Members

There might be one last Sting rumour mill left in the tank after all.

Triple H is apparently among many that are hoping that Sting might pass on renewing with TNA when his contract expires at the end of the year.

According to a source, WWE would like to present Sting with a multi-faceted licensing deal which would include incorporating him into their Mattel deal and home videos. It would also likely include an induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Signing Sting to a deal is apparently not a high priority for Vince McMahon, whereas Triple H is said to hold Sting in high regard.

At this stage in the game, if Sting ever worked for WWE, Sting vs Undertaker would probably be horrendous. They are both pretty knackered and need someone to push them into a good match. Triple H vs Sting was apparently going to be the match they wanted to do in 2003, and the style Triple H works and Sting's 60 year old firey teenage babyface act would work well together. It wouldn't be a bad little storyline. Especially if you got Flair involved in the storyline.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
There might be one last Sting rumour mill left in the tank after all.

Triple H is apparently among many that are hoping that Sting might pass on renewing with TNA when his contract expires at the end of the year.

According to a source, WWE would like to present Sting with a multi-faceted licensing deal which would include incorporating him into their Mattel deal and home videos. It would also likely include an induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Signing Sting to a deal is apparently not a high priority for Vince McMahon, whereas Triple H is said to hold Sting in high regard.

At this stage in the game, if Sting ever worked for WWE, Sting vs Undertaker would probably be horrendous. They are both pretty knackered and need someone to push them into a good match. Triple H vs Sting was apparently going to be the match they wanted to do in 2003, and the style Triple H works and Sting's 60 year old firey teenage babyface act would work well together. It wouldn't be a bad little storyline. Especially if you got Flair involved in the storyline.

I wonder, whether this might tempt Sting. HoF, plus one last run, reduced schedule, huge licensing deal would be a major thing to turn down.

Obviously not that Real estate Steve needs the money, but still! Considering Sting has always maintained he was concerned with what they might do with his character and hwo much control he's have if he went to WWE it would seem unlikely, but given that Triple H nearly managed to talk Bruno Sammartino into coming in for the Hof, (or at least thinning the ice somewhat) it might work.

I'd love to see him have one run in WWE, even if it's short lived.

• Paid Members

Triple H respects Sting. He treated all the big WWF stars of the late 90s really well when he was the big knob in the early 90s and they were nothing. So you would think they would treat him well. I hope Sting considers it. I'd love to see him just once have that moment they play on their DVDs over and over again, instead of them telling us how great he was as a clip of him phoning it in from 98 is played. They always put him over. Its really weird, because they probably give him far more credit than he actually deserves in some cases. They've always kept him sweet and treated him with the respect of a proper legend.

He can still go with the right opponent as well. I always thought it would have been cool to bring him out when Jericho was beating up the legends and Flair needed someone to fight for him a few years ago.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I really don't want them doing anything big with Sting in WWE any more. That ship has well and truly sailed for me.

Sting Vrs The Undertaker would have been a legit dream match - ten years ago. They probably could have done it 5 years ago too, but now? Nah. It would be a poor parody of that could have been. The pair of them look like skinny old blokes now and there is not enough smoke and mirrors to disguise it. Don't get me wrong, they are both total pro's and I'm sure they'd make it all watchable, but I don't want "watchable" I want "excellent" and they simply are not up to that any more.

Add in the fact that Steve isn't nearly the Star to WWE's current fans that Undertaker is, and you might have trouble telling the story they'd want to tell anyway.

HOF, DVD, maybe a special RAW main event tag match or something, just so he's "worked" for WWE after all these years (not counting the last Nitro) would be nice. Wrestlemania feuds with Undertaker or Triple H would be a mistake I think.