Brock Lesnar, Could he come Back?

AJS269

Could Brock Lesnar Return to WWE?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Thought you were picking Overeem David? I'm picking Brock aswell, as long as he can get Overeem down and avoid damage he should win imo. As dangerous as Overeem is I've never been convinced about his cardio and Brock should have him gasping like a fat lad in summer if he can take him down and smother him for a couple of rounds.

I'm sure Dana confirmed the winner of Brock/Overeem will get the title shot against the Velasquez/Dos Santos winner.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought you were picking Overeem David? I'm picking Brock aswell, as long as he can get Overeem down and avoid damage he should win imo. As dangerous as Overeem is I've never been convinced about his cardio and Brock should have him gasping like a fat lad in summer if he can take him down and smother him for a couple of rounds.

I'm sure Dana confirmed the winner of Brock/Overeem will get the title shot against the Velasquez/Dos Santos winner.

Nah, I picked ol' pillow hands against Lesnar in his last fight, but I think Lesnar will beat Overeem. Saying that, it's a fight with so many variables. How is Lesnars health after his surgery? How is Overeems cardio? Can Lesnar take Overeem down before the demolition man gets off a round of strikes?

I never thought I'd be saying this, but both the heavyweight fight this weekend and the one on New Years eve are my two most anticipated bouts of the 2nd half of this year.

Heavyweight fights. Anticipated. It sounds weird! :laugh:

• Paid Members

Yeah i think that fight's gonna be decided early on. If Overeem can land something big early he probably wins, but if Brock can get him down right away I really think Overeem will be gassed as fuck by the end of round 2.

It's worth remembering aswell, Brock showed big bollocks coming back in the Carwin fight. Overeem seems to quit if its not going to plan.

Basically I'm thinking if Overeem doesn't win in round 1 he won't win at all. Probably gonna be a great first round though either way.

He appears to be trying to get a big pay day and match with Austin due to his past 6 months of disrespectful shoot comments about him. But they'd be no point either way, there's no way Austin would come back, risk his life for this goon, and then put him over (which is ultimately what he wants), when they'd be no reason too as Brock would be fucking off again. I don't see the appeal of Brock Lesnar in WWE any-more personally but that's just my opinion.

• Paid Members
Bollocks to there being no appeal to it. You probably have no pulse if the thought of him coming back for a match does nothing for you.

It depends on the type of fan you are, though. I don't like MMA so I don't follow Brock's career there and therefore him coming back to WWE would do plenty for me. However, if you prefer him as an MMA performer and would like to see him stay there, then you wouldn't exactly be thrilled about him going back to wrestling, would you?

I'm no MMA fan but the thought of him returning for a match has me a little hard. My ideal situation would be him making a surprise appearance by making the save and clearing house but there's a big chance they'd advertise him prior to his return.

I guess I find it hard to fathom that not everyone is a Lesnar mark.

• Paid Members

From a smarky, lets talk business type point of view, the problem with Lesnar (as much as I adore the guy), is that all the guys he would probably want to come back to work with, more than likely wouldn't be able to come to an agreement with how the proposed match would go down. He has mentioned working with The Undertaker and Austin at a Wrestlemania at various points, but I don't see how either party in that match would want to do the job. I can't see Austin wanting to come back for 1 last match, only to lose to someone like Lesnar. Taker definitely won't lose his streak to him. WWE wouldn't want to sacrifice John Cena to him, or even someone just below that level like Orton.

A match with the other guys on the roster like Punk, Sheamus, Del Rio doesn't have that appeal of being a dream match. He could feasibly come back to topple an unstoppable giant like Henry I guess, but its a bit of s stretch.

That leaves Triple H, who I'm torn on what he would be willing to do for him. He has never really had anything hugely positive to say about Brock, but is smart enough to do whats right for business if he thinks it would be a big draw, but is also old school enough to be really protective of his character to not want to lose to someone who isn't going to be sticking around in the long term.

Obviously, the above becomes irrelevant if Lesnar was on a full time schedule, but thats not likely. If it was a 1 off match, Brock would probably have to lose it, but would he willing to?

• Paid Members
Obviously, the above becomes irrelevant if Lesnar was on a full time schedule, but thats not likely. If it was a 1 off match, Brock would probably have to lose it, but would he willing to?

Brock is all about business. He did a one off for Inoki, dropped a title cleanly via tap out to Kurt Angle, banked his money and walked away.

If the money is right, i'm sure he's smart enough to take (and do) the job.

• Paid Members

Although i like lesner , and loved his work in WWE.....would it really mean that much if he came back? Mainly as in the grand scheme of things, he wasnt around very long and unless you watched it at the time i'm guessing you may know really know either A) who he is or B) that he was in WWE before he was in UFC.

Lesner vs Austin would be a great match, i just dont think alot of the current WWE audience would be that bothered. Yeah sure, get the promos going to hype him up, but again i'm not sure any newer fans will know of him to be honest.

As a massive lesnar fan myself i for one would be stoked if he made a return, heck even watching him talk about his wwe past and about the new wwe 12 game and stuff makes me smile, to me, brock will always be a pro wrestler somewhat, i don't care if he's an MMA fighter now,to me when i look at brock the first thing that pops in my mind is STILL wwe/wrestling, not ufc...

However, i really support his mma career and follow it closely, it's great to see him do so well in an envirement so many others habe tryed and failed miserably,it just proves once again what bada$$ he is. i'm really excited for the overeem fight now and offcourse i'm rooting for brock again, i'm still a little concerned about his health tho, it's easy to bluff your way through interviews and say your 100% again but anyone with a bit of logic should know that if you've been seriously ill, it takes a long, looooong time before your you old self again, sure he says he is 'cause he's brock and doesn't like to show weakness,specially not in the run up to a fight,he'll act like he's never been better but i'm sketchy on it.....only he himself knows what he REALLY feels like physicly and the real test will be the fight itself.

However, if he ever does come back to wwe, i kinda have one issue.....he needs to bulk up again.

I don't want to come across as endorsing steroid use or whatnot but the fact that he was what was in wwe and pushed to the moon, can be attributed in large part to his look at the time, he just looked like nothing there had ever been,almost unhuman ! sure,his athlectic ability and ncaa background helpen too but then again, you didn't see shelton benjamin in brocks spot did ya even tho he's almost on the same level athlecticlly....with brock 80% of the drawing power in wwe that made peoples heads turn was how massive he was and how unstoppable he looked. since he went MMA he's slimmed sown a lot and looks like a shell of his wwe version, so if "MMA brock" would step in the wwe ring agin, i dunno it would look kinda weird to me, he couldn't really be the biggest baddest monster of the wwe anymore when theres guys like mason ryan and even john cena running around who look more than the brock of old then he himself does, it would kinda defeat his gimmick a bit.

he still looks great tho and in much better shape than most of us,still has his power too, so please don't see this as me being a fan a roided up wrestlers, i just always thought that the biggest part of brocks succes back in the E was the way he looked and he doesn't look like that anymore,period.

Archived