Raw Halloween discussion and spoilers thread

IANdrewDiceClay

I thought the majority of it was the drizzling shits for the most part, particularly the second hour. I like the Muppets too. If you gave me the TV show to watch now then I'd probably enjoy watching it. I didn't even think much of them last night though. They just didn't fit in for the most part. The actual wrestling content sucked too. Del Rio and the Big Show completely killed the crowd and why they had the WWE Champion get owned like that, I really don't know.

On the positive side, the Rock promo was good, the Sheamus/Beaker segment was funny and Punk forcing Del Rio to give him a title shot was very cool too.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The actual wrestling content wasn't sucked too, Del Rio and the Big Show completely killed the crowd and why they had the WWE Champion get owned like that, I really don't know.

There always fucking Del Rio about and it's a shame because he is quality in the ring. I previously mentioned how they need to tweak his character but that's not the only thing. They just need to make him more dominant and believable champion. He looked like shit this past week in his match

• Moderators
Punk forcing Del Rio to give him a title shot was very cool too.

I hated that. Made Punk look like even more with a dweeb. Attack the unconscious man with your shit looking move to bully him into a title shot. What a dangerous contender!

I suppose it continues the "Punk is a petulant child" character though.

Punk forcing Del Rio to give him a title shot was very cool too.

I hated that. Made Punk look like even more with a dweeb. Attack the unconscious man with your shit looking move to bully him into a title shot. What a dangerous contender!

I suppose it continues the "Punk is a petulant child" character though.

Punk did a similar thing to what Del Rio did when he cashed in the MITB on Punk. It was just a bit of revenge. Del Rio's character is that of a cheap-shotting, arrogant jerk, Punk gave him some payback, that's all. Well deserved too!

You seem to give Punk a hard time because you personally don't like his character. Not everyone feels the same way.

• Paid Members

I agree with Butch, it was crap. To be honest though, the fact they announced his title shot and then decided to make him earn it a week later made whatever came next crap. Why not announce last week that he's fighting Mark Henry this week for a title shot? Sounds like a ratings winner to me.

• Paid Members

How can anyone like this CM Punk character? Its beyond me. Even I turned off WCW to see Razor Ramon and Bret Hart when Hulk Hogan shaved his tash off and started burning copies of the Wrestling Observer on TV. Its hard to defend obvious shit. The booking is arse backwards and rotten, but he's does himself no favours. The booking is shit for a lot of wrestlers, but Punk's character is made of glass. He's an unlikable babyface.

Punk putting the submission on Del Rio reminded me of the good old days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJkXMh50XeI#t=1m40s

I thought Del Rio, Miz and R-Truth looked like far bigger chumps than they needed to on this show. And Henry! Ref should've called for the bell as soon as Ricardo started hitting him, when Henry started flopping around selling for Ricardo it was ridiculous. Punk vs Del Rio is a really, really shit feud. Better than Cena vs Del Rio though.

• Moderators

I personally couldn't give a cunt how anyone else feels, I'm only arsed about what I think.

I've never liked babyfaces doing things like that. I'd not like it if it was Punk or Sheamus or DeWayne Bruce, I hate cowardly babyface actions as it makes it impossible for me to get behind them and I'd say ambushing an unconscious man would fall under that. I want my babyfaces heroic, unless they are a weaselly comedy character, but that's a different kettle of fish entirely.

I personally couldn't give a cunt how anyone else feels, I'm only arsed about what I think. Should I not dislike him because not everyone else does? No. Of course fucking not.

I've never liked babyfaces doing things like that. I'd not like it if it was Punk or Sheamus or DeWayne Bruce, I hate cowardly babyface actions as it makes it impossible for me to get behind them and I'd say ambushing an unconscious man would fall under that. I want my babyfaces heroic, unless they are a weaselly comedy character, but that's a different kettle of fish entirely.

Did I say you should like it because everyone else does? No. Don't be stupid. I said you seem to be just generally hating on Punk, and therefor possibly not being all that fair.

Did you hate it every time Austin attacked someone who perhaps didn't deserve it? Stunners to Vince, JR, etc... ? Did you frown and huff that he wasn't being "Heroic" while the rest of the world popped?

Anyway, Del Rio wasn't just "some unconscious bloke", he was/is the total prick who has been jumping everyone after matches and who makes a habit of applying his armbar after matches are over, to try and injure someone. Think he had it coming really!

• Moderators

"hating on Punk". ugh. Never use the term "Hating on" or "Hater" when addressing ButchReedMark please, I fucking hate them. And I am being fair. I actually enjoy Punk. He just gets on my tits to the nth degree since about July of this year.

Vince did deserve the stunners. And my 12 year old brain thought the one to JR was a bit rum as he was an announcer who I really liked. I'd get het up when he'd stunner faces for no reason, because in my mind all faces should have been mates, like all heels. I don't remember him waking up many heels to stunner them though.

"hating on Punk". ugh. Never use the term "Hating on" or "Hater" when addressing ButchReedMark please, I fucking hate them. And I am being fair. I actually enjoy Punk. He just gets on my tits to the nth degree since about July of this year.

Vince did deserve the stunners. And my 12 year old brain thought the one to JR was a bit rum as he was an announcer who I really liked. I'd get het up when he'd stunner faces for no reason, because in my mind all faces should have been mates, like all heels. I don't remember him waking up many heels to stunner them though.

I do. He did it to Vince at least a few times, Shane too. he'd have already stunnered them once, then he'd help them up, dust down their jacket, offer a handshake/beer and then nail them again.

--edit--

I won't use "hating" again, if you agree to never talk about yourself in the second person. Sounds dumb.

Bit different from getting someone else to beat them up for you, then waking them up. Besides, Austin was bulletproof by late '97. He was a made man with crowds. Punk being a snidey cunt doesn't do him any favours, especially when that crowd didn't hate Del Rio at all. The whole feud, like Del Rio's one with Cena, just feels really forced.

I won't use "hating" again, if you agree to never talk about yourself in the second person. Sounds dumb.

As dumb as confusing "second person" with "third person"?

I'm Sorry to be so negative, but I absolutely bloody hated that show. Everything seemed either dull, boring or stupid. I know The Muppets on the show were only just a bit of stupid fun for a lot of you on here, but I couldn't stand it. I didn't like the stupid crap that WWE did with DX and Hornswoggle two years ago, and I hated this just as much. Even The Rock's promo felt flat. Alberto Del Rio is just so shit as well, he isn't even worthy of being a mid card champion. He doesn't even do anything, he just comes out and says the same stuff every week and it's really getting on my tits now. Maybe it was the lack of Triple H, Randy Orton, Mark Henry being the dominant champion he is rather than being caught up in shit. Next week is bound to be even worse because they hardly ever make an effort for the UK shows. I actually enjoyed Smackdown at the weekend more than this which is a first in a long time!

• Paid Members
I do. He did it to Vince at least a few times, Shane too. he'd have already stunnered them once, then he'd help them up, dust down their jacket, offer a handshake/beer and then nail them again.

Fucking hell, Eddie, your grasping at straws with this one aren't you? If you want to defend Punk, just give the tried and tested "the booking is terrible etc." line. Just say Austin and Punk are using the same formula (which they clear as day aren't), it obviously isn't working for one of them. Shaking the ropes and painting his face worked for The Warrior, but they aren't giving Sheamus that gimmick anytime soon.

Archived