Raw Halloween discussion and spoilers thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, WWE decided to have their WWE champion, United States champion and Tag Team champions all lose clean tonight. Well done.

A little daft, aye. It would have been great if Ziggler vs Ryder had been for the US Championship last night as the crowd were hot for Ryder before and during his match, he has truly arrived and it would have been a great night for him to win his first singles gold. Don't get me wrong; Ziggler is doing a great job as champion but there's no point him losing all his matches which aren't for the title.

I liked the Punk-Del Rio Anaconda vice exchange, Punk doesn't have much to worry about in terms of unlikability as when he applied the hold he claimed the biggest pop of the night. Del Rio did have it coming as he fucked over Punk at the start of the night.

Miz and Truth's chances of becoming this generations 'outsiders' has been blown well and truly. But I'm still looking forward to the Survivor Series match and it's nice to see Miz back in the main event as he's been floundering for too long.

• Paid Members

What a lot of shite. The Muppets did their best to save the show, but WWE is such poo just now.

I'm genuinely not even that fussed about The Rock teaming with Cena now. The Rock got me a bit excited with his promo, but then that ending happened. Imagine how good this would be if they had a Nexus-type doing their schtick from last year. Instead we've got the wee lad and a comedy guy, both have yet to look even remotely in Cena's league, never mind The Rock's. I know people are paying to see The Rock return and beat people up, but at least create some sort of contest. It's like Barcelona vs Dundee United just now. Truth and Miz are so far gone, that a couple of angles aren't going to make me change my mind. I was going to buy the PPV, but now it's a definite download now.

Bugger, it was the one thing I've been looking forward too since Punk's deal fell flat and WWE have done their best to make it uninspired and flat. Maybe come 'Mania they'll have Vince/Bret'd this feud with shite. It seems this is what WWE do best at the minute. Get it sorted Vinnie!

Ziggler was ace and he made Ryder look like a star. I like both guys, colourful and you know their gimmicks. Both are capable of more if WWE can be arsed.

Oh and Brodus Clay v Mark Henry has to happen. Henry playing the monster face and killing the fatty is what we want.

• Paid Members
They can save things if Cena turns at Survivor Series. It's about the only thing they can do to make the storylines worth anything, it's all pretty poor just now.

That said, I loved the Muppets

Turning Cena before 'Mania makes no sense, they have nobody ready to fill his massive sneakers. The fans are going to hate Cena against The Rock, heel or face.

Even if Cena was a heel, it doesn't mean they wouldn't balls it up.

• Paid Members

So, even after (rather well thought-out) interference from Truth, Cena still beats Miz. Wow, that made Awesome Truth look shite. That so came across as the kind of "Shawn Michaels pinning, say, Bart Gunn despite Billy interfering" right before a PPV against a REAL main eventer, in other words, made them look like jumped-up midcarders. Cena doesn't even need the Rock's fucking help. They are NO threat to him whatsoever. Why in the hell should I pay for Survivors now, we already bleeding know who's going to win.

They can save things if Cena turns at Survivor Series.

And piss away the money they make from Cena's t-shirt sales to the parents of small children, blah blah blah same argument we've been having for years...

It's not happening. Let's all get over it and move on.

Matches if Cena turns heel:

CM Punk (crowd cheers) vs John Cena (crowd boos) = already seen it.

HHH (crowd cheers) vs John Cena (crowd boos) = seen it a million times.

The only still-fresh matches it creates are Cena vs Mysterio when he comes back, and Cena vs someone not at main event level (Kofi, Riley etc). It's not worth it until they've got a new Cena.

So, even after (rather well thought-out) interference from Truth, Cena still beats Miz. Wow, that made Awesome Truth look shite. That so came across as the kind of "Shawn Michaels pinning, say, Bart Gunn despite Billy interfering" right before a PPV against a REAL main eventer, in other words, made them look like jumped-up midcarders. Cena doesn't even need the Rock's fucking help. They are NO threat to him whatsoever. Why in the hell should I pay for Survivors now, we already bleeding know who's going to win.

It was senseless, but I don't think it matters that much. On a list of reasons to buy Survivor Series, quality of opponents is (at best) a distant third behind seeing Rock in his pants and seeing how Rock and Cena co-exist/interact with each other.

I don't think in terms of praising or bashing someone based on character or action on a written weekly tv show. I'd praise CM Punk for example if he had a good match or delivered a promo well. Because that is all 100% down to him. Writers cant do those parts of it. He has to take whats given and then go out and try to get it over the best way possible. If he fails at that then he deserves to take the flack for it, but to have a go at him for performing an angle he is told to go out and perform, it almost sounds like you think wrestling is real.

When you watch a film, is your only response "that was good acting" or "that was bad acting"? Even leaving your potential autism aside, none of us are privy to how much any given performance was ad-libbed or scripted, or whether the wrestler was involved in writing it or not. I don't think many people sit watching wrestling going "that is all pretend and someone else wrote the material but I give the performance 3/5" the whole time, unless they live in an asylum or are twelve and trying to impress their mates by showing how they know it's all fake.

When you were having a moan the other day about Miz and R-Truth not looking like enough of a threat, how is that different from people saying CM Punk looks like a cowardly prick now?

I think to say they have the ability to overrule anything they think is shit is a bit of a stretch as well.

You don't know what you're on about then. Of course they have. Every top WWE guy can play the "that doesn't work for me, brother" card. And that goes double for Big Rebel CM Punk, who wants to make wrestling fun again.

I wasn't saying Miz and Truth are the shits for not looking like a threat, it was a go at the people who thought it would be a good idea to have them NOT beat Cena in a 2 on 1 match (and this week they couldn't even leave him laying). To have a go at them would be fucking mental cause they don't decide what happens do they??, unless they live in your bizarro world were they personally could just change everything if they thought it was shit.

I wasn't saying Miz and Truth are the shits for not looking like a threat, it was a go at the people who thought it would be a good idea to have them NOT beat Cena in a 2 on 1 match (and this week they couldn't even leave him laying). To have a go at them would be fucking mental cause they don't decide what happens do they??,

When you were having a moan the other day about Miz and R-Truth not looking like enough of a threat, how is that different from people saying CM Punk looks like a cowardly prick now? Have you just decided that when you criticise something, you're just criticising Evil Vince and Teh Hollywood Writerz, and when anyone else criticises something they're attacking the poor innocent main event wrestler who dare not have any input into their storylines or character and is just following orders?

unless they live in your bizarro world were they personally could just change everything if they thought it was shit.

Do you really think top wrestlers are just automatons who have no say over their characters? :laugh:

I wasn't saying Miz and Truth are the shits for not looking like a threat, it was a go at the people who thought it would be a good idea to have them NOT beat Cena in a 2 on 1 match (and this week they couldn't even leave him laying). To have a go at them would be fucking mental cause they don't decide what happens do they??,

When you were having a moan the other day about Miz and R-Truth not looking like enough of a threat, how is that different from people saying CM Punk looks like a cowardly prick now? Have you just decided that when you criticise something, you're just criticising Evil Vince and Teh Hollywood Writerz, and when anyone else criticises something they're attacking the poor innocent main event wrestler who dare not have any input into their storylines or character and is just following orders?

unless they live in your bizarro world were they personally could just change everything if they thought it was shit.

Do you really think top wrestlers are just automatons who have no say over their characters? :laugh:

You asked what was different between what I said about Miz and Truth and what people say about CM Punk. If you can't see the difference between critiquing the product and the creative process that came up with it and the performer who is acting it out, then your stupider than you sound or as best testing indicates.

If you saw the man who plays Ian Beale on the high street would you run up to him and slag him off for how he came across on Eastenders last night? That's what you sound like, one of those weirdos who makes a scene in a public place based on the fictional tv show they watch constantly.

Archived