Raw Halloween discussion and spoilers thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Can't see a spoiler tagged discussion thread, so here we go. This Raw was so mental. The Rock's looking bigger than I've seen him ever. His arms are massive! Miz and R-Truth got slapped about rotten, which makes you wonder why Cena needs the Rock? But saying that, most of the roster are pussies, though, arent they? CM Punk cant win a title shot, so he has to do it using a cowards method. Which would be fine if it was Big Van Vader or even Zeus. But Alberto was only in a position to be blackmailed via a submission hold because he'd just been slapped about by the Big Show. If ever there was a time that Shawn Michaels' "its the man that makes the belt" quote was true, its now. Alberto and Punk have to be the worst WWE title feud in years. They are so far down the Raw card its shocking. Del Rio's a complete bore and Punk's an unlikable face. Add Johnny Ace in the mix and its not good news. They seem to have not given a toss about the belt at the minute. Its like in TNA. Roode and Storm may be in the title picture, but they aren't the the money position. People have a go at Cena keep winning that belt, but does it ever mean more than when its on him?

Anyway, the Muppets raised a few laughs. I'm ashamed to say I was pissing myself laughing when Jack Swagger got ahold of Kermits mouth and Kermits hands were pulling at Swaggers fingers.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen as I'm seeing it next week at the Echo I'm gonna watch the whole episode without skipping it which even includes the divas match.. (I haven't done that in a while). Gonna give SD, NXT and Superstars a watch this week too just to see what the crack is at the moment. Well probably not NXT..

RAW 31.10.11

The Rock's promo was pretty decent and I don't think he could have dont it much better. I enjoyed it but just reminded me how better The Rock is than Cena. I might try and convince a few friends to order Survivor Series on Box Office. His arm's are massive. He look's insanely big now and looks great with a shaved head. It's took a while but it really suits him.

Mark Henry Vs CM Punk

Punk comes out, not too sure on that vest he was wearing to the ring. Henry looks great with the belt but John Laurnitis makes a pointless appearence before the match gets underway. Screwey finish was pretty predictable. Could have been better but it's good that neither Henry or Punk got pinned. Henry still looked pretty dominant after giving the Worlds Strongest Slam to Ricardo Rodregiuez.

Muppets segment was pretty funny till Swagger got on the mic. Vickie arguing with Miss Piggy was pretty funny. Santino's part in the segment wasn't too bad. I'm still a fan of the guy but I can imagine his career soon coming to an end with the WWE.

Divas battle royal

Kelly Kelly looked pretty fit in fancy dress. The rest looked like stupid student girls doing to a night out to one of those 'student fest' nights. Battle Royal was pretty terrible. Eve wins after throwing Natalya over the second rope. So there we've got Eve Torres Vs Beth Phoenix at Survivor Series.

Segment with Christian and the Muppets went alright when Sheamus was in. Pretty good of them to show similarities between Sheamus & Beaker. Sheamus is starting to show more character recently and is a great face. Look's like the Sheamus/Christian program is in the works still.

Air Boom Vs Cody Rhodes & Wade Barrett

Nice combination between Rhodes/Barrett I'm a big fan of both the guys at the moment. Air Boom's music is god awful. Suppose it's better than the mix of both their old theme tunes. Cole and Lawler are both doing an alright job (better than usual) with mention of the Nexus and the Polish symbol on Barrett's trunks. Nice to see Barrett get the pinfall. I'm feeling optimistic about his current push. From the outcome of the match it look's like we're gonna see some sort of Survivor Series match involving Christian/Rhodes/Barrett Vs Sheamus/Kingston/Bourne. I hope they find a few more guys for each team. I wouldn't be suprised if we saw Barrett/Sheamus feud in the near future.

Laurunitis/Punk segment was alright when Punk mocked him. I thought Johnny Ace had an iphone? Look's like hes got a Blackberry torch this week. Brodus Clay video package soon followed. Pretty looking forward to seeing him back on SmackDown. He's decent in the ring and look's like a mean bastard.

Alberto Del Rio Vs Big Show

Del Rio looks great with the WWE title but he still isn't getting much of a reaction from the crowd. I'm one of the few people on here whos a fan of Del Rio. He's great in the ring but his character needs a few tweaks. Dreadful match. Show got a clean pin over Del Rio in an incredibly boring match. Pretty interested seeing how much ratings they lost here. Punk makes Del Rio agree to their match at Survivor Series in an interesting way. I can't imagine Del Rio retaining.

Jack Swagger Vs Santino Marella

Was there a "We want Ryder, woo woo woo!" chant through the match? Nice involvement with Beaker and good to see Marella get the pin over Swagger.

Zack Ryder Vs Dolph Ziggler

A nice match and also a nice chant of "Let's go Ryder, woo woo woo!". Ryder is one of the most over people in the WWE at the moment. Good to see Ryder get another victory over Ziggler.

Kevin Nash is announced to appear on RAW next week. Brilliant news. I can stop sulking now about it not being a supershow. I'm really excited for Nash's appearence. Also a Michael Cole challenge for JR has been announced for next weeks RAW.

John Cena Vs The Miz

Seventh match of the night. Pretty alright match between the two but I couldn't really be arsed with it. I thought it was odd now Cena made Miz tap and gave R-Truth the AA. Hopefully next week they decide to make Miz/Truth seem more dominant and more of a threat.

All in all it was better than the past few RAW's which we have been treated too. I thought they could have done more with the Muppets but I'm glad they have drifted away from the guest hosts being the main part of the show hence why RAW 2009 was a dire year. As I've got tickets to see RAW next week in Liverpool. I'm pretty excited to see it seen as Nash is gonna be there. Good news for all.

• Paid Members
The Rock's promo was pretty decent and I don't think he could have dont it much better.

I may be in a minority here, but whilst I think Rock has been generally excellent in front of an audience since his return, whenever he does a promo at home (in the garden when it's warm enough out, in the bathroom when it's not) they've generally been meandering and rather dull (the exception to the excellence in front of a crowd being Wrestlemania itself, when he was meandering and dull to an unbelievable level).

WWE had such a hot start to the summer, I'm really rather disappointed with the way it's tailed off.

• Paid Members

Watched it this morning, didn't think much to it which is why I didn't start a thread.

What I found really odd was Jerry Lawler playing up the ring collapsing as something that has never happened before. I know that'll be a booking decision, not Lawler's fault. I find it strange because in the last couple of years they've released a Smackdown's greatest moments DVD and then recently they released the OMG DVD and the original incident with Brock and Big Show is on both.

• Paid Members
I'm ashamed to say I was pissing myself laughing when Jack Swagger got ahold of Kermits mouth and Kermits hands were pulling at Swaggers fingers.

That's actually covered in a Ricky Steamboat training seminar. It may be that Kermit is a better worker than many today.

(Edit -- he's still a little green, though. Badoom.)

They seem to have not given a toss about the belt at the minute. Its like in TNA. Roode and Storm may be in the title picture, but they aren't the the money position. People have a go at Cena keep winning that belt, but does it ever mean more than when its on him?

To be honest, I think the only time when it seems to mean anything is around Wrestlemania time, whether it's on Cena or not. I won't pretend to be a fan of the endless Cena title wins, but why oh why did they have him give that speech about keeping the belt for the whole year so he could defend it against The Rock - the one thing that probably could have gone a hell of a long way to rebuilding its long-gone credibility - when they were just going to revert back to the silly game of 'hot potato' within a few months?

• Paid Members

I caught the second hour, which was my first WWE TV in quite some time. Animal as guest time keeper was my favourite part. Excellent. Oh, and the aforementioned Beaker interference was grand too. I love Beaker.

Despite never getting around to watching their TV much, I have enjoyed Zach Ryder's internet shenanigans and found his match with Ziggler to be by far the most entertaining part of the hour I watched. I also quite like that finisher. I'll make sure to watch some more Dolph Ziggler stuff as he seemed fun and is getting a lot of love on here.

The finish to Big Show/Del Rio looked very silly indeed. He has that Khali problem where he's absolutely enormous and looks like he could rip you apart but somehow can't throw a convincing punch.

I felt nothing but Xpac heat for heel Michael Cole. Terrible.

That is all.

Archived