GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
I hope the online heists make more use of the (so far) useless places on the game, like the prison, military base and racecourse.

It may be some of these locations are being held back for DLC. For example, Liberty City had a prison, but you couldn't do anything in it (other than helicopter in and set off a ***** alert) until The Lost and The Damned where it's part of a key mission.

The microtransactions don't bother me, am not one of those who takes multiplayer on games like this very seriously, if anything its there for fucking about with your mates and having a laugh. If some people want to spend money to get ahead then so be it for them. I've no doubt that there will be some parents who find large credit card bills after their under 18 child who they got the game for racks up a ton of in-game purchases.

And I'll be amazed if its anything like playable during the first week or so. At least Rockstar have been honest about that rather than others (e.g. EA with Simcity) who deny the massive problems post launch.

Edited by windoesnot

• Paid Members

I'm confused as to how exactly microtransactions will even mean anything in this game. By the time you've done a couple of heists you'll have made enough money for the stuff they pay for anyway. You're paying over a tenner to basically skip a few online missions so you can show off a car or something.

• Paid Members
I'm confused as to how exactly microtransactions will even mean anything in this game. By the time you've done a couple of heists you'll have made enough money for the stuff they pay for anyway. You're paying over a tenner to basically skip a few online missions so you can show off a car or something.

Some folk are impatient I guess, it's like with mobile gaming where you can pay real money to 'speed up' certain things, like the completion of buildings in Sim City type games. But yeah I'm with you- I'll just play the game and get the money from heists. I don't car about buying nice cars or other weapons to be honest.

• Paid Members

If a microtransaction could make me less stupid, I'd do it.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I'm setting up heist #1 (I know, it's slow, but I haven't had too much playing time), and I chose to go loud. In trying to steal the necessary guns, I'm having a shit time losing the cops. Finally had a marathon excursion through the wind farm, and trashed the shit out of the SWAT van, but lost them. Got all the way back to the garment factory, and, driving like a twat, flipped the van. This allowed the game to decide that it was totaled. Mission failed. FML. Went to bed.

Rather smartly Rockstar are already saying the chances are the servers will be destroyed on the first couple of days, so bear with them.

Hopefully when the online play launches, it won't all be run via the Pentium 133 with dial-up connection that's hosting Social Club at the moment. I really wish they'd release an update that lets you store pictures locally and upload later when their servers are playing up. That guy who took a selfie with a shark in the middle of the road would've been furious if he hadn't been able to share it.

If a microtransaction could make me less stupid, I'd do it.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I'm setting up heist #1 (I know, it's slow, but I haven't had too much playing time), and I chose to go loud. In trying to steal the necessary guns, I'm having a shit time losing the cops. Finally had a marathon excursion through the wind farm, and trashed the shit out of the SWAT van, but lost them. Got all the way back to the garment factory, and, driving like a twat, flipped the van. This allowed the game to decide that it was totaled. Mission failed. FML. Went to bed.

I never did that one the same way, but in general, I have a hard time losing the cops in a vehicle. I normally have to jump out and hide somewhere, then get back in it when they've stopped looking. I've been killed every time I've tried to rob a cash-rich security van.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Moderators

Yeah.. not being able to save photos locally is a massive oversight! Needs to be fixed.

As for getting away from the cops.. I had been having similar problems but I think it's because I'd been approaching it in the way I would have done in previous GTAs, whereas when you consider the line of sight thing, and hiding in shadows it really helps...

Ducking around a corner and then parking up in a dark spot under a bridge or something and laying low for a minute or so until the cops (choppers included) lose sight of you seems to work much better than continuing to hoon it about trying to shake them off your tail and then keep driving until the stars disappear.

• Paid Members

I had a few close shaves - I hid in a parking lot and a self-storage full of hookers, and had the star slow-flashing when the cops found me again, but I think the winner was an insane chase over the mountains in the rain, with Hollywood Nights on the radio, that ended with me successfully hiding in a tunnel, but being unable to drive up the hillside because of the damage to the van. The other route out led straight into the river :(

• Paid Members

If you want a wider range of customization options for hair and clothes, then the trick is apparently:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Use the Internet feature, visit Life Invader, and Stalk (aka Facebook Like) relevant brands such as Herr Kutz.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

I'd always been OK at helicopters in previous GTAs -- as in disproportionately competent compared with the other parts of the game and didn't even have a problem with the remote control helicopter mission in Vice City -- but they seem much harder to control in V, even though the planes are OK.

Am I alone in thinking, etc.

Edited by JNLister