GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

I finished the story yesterday and it was such a fun game to play. I'm amazed how quick I played through it as I gave up on GTA 4 fairly quick, before going back and giving up again. Part of this was some missions were a ballache to play due to the lack of save points and part down to Niko feeling a flat faceless character.

The fun here is all down to the characters and story, and having three different characters was a marvellous move, and the on mission save points took the dull element of driving for 20 minutes at the start of a mission to get shot the minute the fire fight starts every time.

The story kept flowing and stopped characters getting boring or over exposed. If the whole game had been Franklin it would have been wafer thin on caring about the character, Michael got on my tits bitching about everything as it was so a whole game on him would have left me resenting himSPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

(I was tempted to go for killing him any way for being such a miserable cunt)

, and Trevor, while amazing fun in the game, would have felt to OTT and over exposed if it was all down to him. SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

If it was Michael pulling the trigger I'd have been very tempted to kill him too, with how the story went on.

As it was the three characters were varied and well balanced and were interwoven so well the story remained interesting and evolved at a pace which was very engaging and inviting without being repetitive or barren, which is a great balance. In fact everything felt really varied and the city seemed to have a charter to it.

Great fun, and I look forward to some DLC story's to make more of the canvas that is there.

Edited by Tommy!

I just finished the main story. The heists were amazing and switching it up between 3 main characters definitely kept it fresh throughout 30+ hours. Most of the missions were great fun and well designed too. However if I ever have to do any careful helicopter things or trying to escape police in massive trucks in dlc, the games going out the window. Also felt the actual storyline itself, whilst good, never really lived up to its potential. Not that it was bad by any stretch, but I just felt they didn't really build on most of the really interesting parts of the character relationships.

• Paid Members
I can't imagine what kind of sick, twisted shitbag would do any other ending than option C.

I've watched them and they'd have both been such an unsatisfying end to a great game.

My brother picked A because he thought picking C would

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

kill Franklin and he didn't want to lose all the vehicles and property he owned with him.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Question:

On GTA:O, why can't you put a bounty on certain people's heads?

I realise rank is one thing, but if they're over a certain rank and it's not letting you select them, is there a reason why?

Maybe they are in passive mode?

Nope, they were very much active.

Just finished this. I saved after the heist and went back and did A,B & C and saved it in different slots...I prefer the cut scene and ending for A out of all 3. Haven't played the game since finishing, most likely will play on with Option C.

Gotta love people online who complain about you crashing into them in online races like this is Gran Turismo or Forza.

Anyone else completed a survival mission yet? I didnt know they were 10 enemy waves long, took fookin ages to complete!

Edited by windoesnot

• Paid Members

I just did the third triathlon. I want to cry for hours.

First mistake,I accidentally pressed the camera-change button whilst swimming, which made me face the wrong way for some reason. Then, I tried to get one of the bikes at the front, wasn't quick enough, and had to take the last bike after everyone had set off.

I fell off my bike a couple of times, but still kept up and started the final part in third. Pushed into first place eventually and saw the finish line within my grasp! Hammered the sprint button like a maniac, ACCIDENTALLY JUMPED, as a result someone tried to overtake me but I cut him off, but then some other chump just pipped me to a photo finish.

Fucking 2nd.

Edited by PunkStep

I just did the third triathlon. I want to cry for hours.

First mistake,I accidentally pressed the camera-change button whilst swimming, which made me face the wrong way for some reason. Then, I tried to get one of the bikes at the front, wasn't quick enough, and had to take the last bike after everyone had set off.

I fell off my bike a couple of times, but still kept up and started the final part in third. Pushed into first place eventually and saw the finish line within my grasp! Hammered the sprint button like a maniac, ACCIDENTALLY JUMPED, as a result someone tried to overtake me but I cut him off, but then some other chump just pipped me to a photo finish.

Fucking 2nd.

Ouch.

I've finished it now. Absolutely loved it. Will definitely be playing through again before Christmas. Next time I'll keep the assassination missions til last, cos I found out late that leaving them til after the final heist gives you shitloads of money. Only had one more to do after the final heist this time :(

• Paid Members

Couldn't get into GTA Online at all. For the 1/4 of the time I actually managed to get into a game without cloud server errors, I just found the entire thing really dull. 16 Players is not enough to fill a map that size, and for me it had the reverse effect single player had. Instead of me feeling like I was free to roam this huge open world, I felt like I was stuck in a big empty hole away from everyone else.

I wanted to love it, but making people wait two weeks for online functions, then another 2 weeks later and it's had 2 patches and still isn't fixed means I've got over it. The hype has gone and I just traded it in.

It was an absolute genius move for Rockstar to treat Online as a completely different entity to V and release it later. Had it released as one package in this state, you can guarantee there'd have been much much fewer 9s and 10s.

Couldn't get into GTA Online at all. For the 1/4 of the time I actually managed to get into a game without cloud server errors, I just found the entire thing really dull. 16 Players is not enough to fill a map that size, and for me it had the reverse effect single player had. Instead of me feeling like I was free to roam this huge open world, I felt like I was stuck in a big empty hole away from everyone else.

I wanted to love it, but making people wait two weeks for online functions, then another 2 weeks later and it's had 2 patches and still isn't fixed means I've got over it. The hype has gone and I just traded it in.

It was an absolute genius move for Rockstar to treat Online as a completely different entity to V and release it later. Had it released as one package in this state, you can guarantee there'd have been much much fewer 9s and 10s.

I must be in the minority. I held of a few days after launch, and I've never had any problems at all with online (bar one or two connection errors, which happen with any game).

I thoroughly enjoy it. When you go in to a full session with a crew, and go bounty hunting. It's a hoot. That and some missions with randoms can be fun too. It'll be even more fun when heists come out, and they add some more new missions and game types.