GTAV

Astro Hollywood

This fat man is unhappy about this delay:

I pity people like that who have nothing going on in life and no self awareness. Poor fucking soul. Even more pity is reserved for anyone obliged to deal with him at any point in their lives.

Speaking of Scarface, did you ever play the Scarface game?

Although it was essentially a GTA clone it was done brilliantly. It's one of my favourite games ever and I think it was really under-rated. One of the things it did really well is what you're talking about that - it really made you want to get all that money and power. Something I always felt a little bit lacking in GTA - I never really found much I wanted to spend my money on.

Also, the more you acquired the harder it became to maintain the lifestyle. Bigger shipments, more cops after you, other gangsters all trying to get a slice of the action... it escalated with a very smooth curve to keep you going. Captured the vibe of the film very well in that respect.

I loved the Scarface game. Storing guns in the boot of you're car after buying them from Lemmy was cool as fuck. I think I still have it.

This fat man is unhappy about this delay:

I pity people like that who have nothing going on in life and no self awareness. Poor fucking soul. Even more pity is reserved for anyone obliged to deal with him at any point in their lives.

That guy is a parody, he's got plenty of similar videos on his channel.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Just started playing San Andreas again. It's only my second go at it, actually, and I'm playing it off the back of playing Vice City. I still can't get over how comparatively massive it is. I like the fact that the first mission is actually quite tough, too, rather than having to just drive 50 yards down the road.

Speaking of Vice City, I can't get 45 points on that shooting range to get 100%. I think it could be the XBox joypad compared to the PS2 one because I never had problem with it before. It's a pain in the arse.

• Paid Members
Just started playing San Andreas again. It's only my second go at it, actually, and I'm playing it off the back of playing Vice City. I still can't get over how comparatively massive it is. I like the fact that the first mission is actually quite tough, too, rather than having to just drive 50 yards down the road.

One of my favourite non-story ways to play is to start with that first mission so you have no weapons, then see how many people you can kill before you get wasted or arrested. You have to choose tactics between heading to a shady part of town and beating down some thugs in the hope of picking up a knife or gun, or going straight to take down a cop and get a gun, but risking being on a wanted level before you've acquired a decent arsenal.

On the pics, I suppose its more a case of both games spoofing the same city, but there are a few shots there that really fit into the dream scenario of it being San Andreas with modern graphics. The pier and the bit of river with the bridge both look like you're seeing GTA: SA for the first time after a cateracts operation.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

One of my favourite non-story ways to play is to start with that first mission so you have no weapons, then see how many people you can kill before you get wasted or arrested. You have to choose tactics between heading to a shady part of town and beating down some thugs in the hope of picking up a knife or gun, or going straight to take down a cop and get a gun, but risking being on a wanted level before you've acquired a decent arsenal.

I decided to do the paramedic and firefighter missions first so I can get a decent amount of cash in the bank and buy up some properties so that I'm not always stuck with going back to the hood for ages to save it. It took me 2 hours to do the paramedic one until I realised I should have waited until I got to Angel Pine and done them there and it would have taken about half an hour :(

• 1 month later...