Fashionable or stylish chaps.

RancidPunx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The suit's a staple smart look, but it's not that hard to do stay smart for the pub. Just think a suit without a jacket, or even a casual suit - I personally like a black suit with a plain black t-shirt or top for more casual places (plus, with the black, you don't have to worry so much if some clumsy twat drips his pint on your jacket). Smart dress shoes, a well-fitted shirt and pair of trousers won't look out of place or try-hard in a pub, but they will stand out in a good way from the majority slobbing about in baggy jeans and trainers.

I'm a massive fan of waistcoats. Used to go for the waistcoat/fitted t-shirt with jeans combo quite a lot for nights out, but gravitating more towards the full shirt/tie/suit pants look with them now. Basically how everyone in Public Enemies dresses.

• Moderators

I'm not wearing a tie as I've got a massive neck, and it's hard to get a well fitting shirt around here which has a 18.5" collar. So I just go for a good shirt with a couple of buttons undone. It's a bit 70's, but it rules.

• Moderators

Shit.. that's a big collar. I have a similar problem in the opposite direction in that choice tends to be limited in a 14.5". I tend not to wear ties though, and generally have a couple buttons undone just because I think it looks best.

Ties are defunct. Obsolete. I'll wear them for interviews and that's about it.

If I'm going smart non-suit though, then I'm a fan of a decent shirt, dark bootcut/mildly flared jeans and some smart boots.

I got a brilliant light summer jacket this summer as well, and have a fairly smart overcoat.

I'm not nuts about jumpers these days but will wear them if it's really cold.

For both shirts and jumpers - sleeves always rolled up (unless it's a nice double cuff shirt)

Archived