Fashionable or stylish chaps.

RancidPunx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless you want branded clobber, I'd recommend New Look for a good selection of casual clothes. Won't break the bank, either.

Perhaps. I don't like New Look. So long as you don't get those tops with three cassettes in a row or the body of Incredible Hulk with the head cut off at the collar. Or those tops that are black with a luminous yellow rim on one sleeve, a luminous green rim on the other sleeve and pink where the buttons are. They're awful.

• Awards Moderator
Unless you want branded clobber, I'd recommend New Look for a good selection of casual clothes. Won't break the bank, either.

Perhaps. I don't like New Look. So long as you don't get those tops with three cassettes in a row or the body of Incredible Hulk with the head cut off at the collar. Or those tops that are black with a luminous yellow rim on one sleeve, a luminous green rim on the other sleeve and pink where the buttons are. They're awful.

Yeah, that kind of stuff they flog is shite. But I was on more about the jackets/coats, jumpers and shirts. I'm not in to the kind of stuff you mentioned, due to a combination of age and common sense, but the non-garish clothes are pretty nice.

I've not been in there for a while. Not since I bought a pink tanktop with my friend in fact. We hid the fact we were wearing them under our Norwich City tops to our other mates we were watching the game with. We were sitting a few rows from the pitch (shit atmosphere) and someone went down injured (Jackson maybe?). I gave the signal to my mate by commenting on how hot it was getting (despite it raining) and proceeded to take our Norwich tops off simultaneously. Someone behind us said 'it's Pinky and Perky, innit?'. We should have shouted profanities at the ref in them.

Anyway...I find their clothes seem to be quite cheap material but if you're looking for dispensible clothing, their less garish stuff is probably alright. Christ, I sound like a snob. Sorry.

I think Justin Timberlake's character in Friends with Benefits dresses really sharply. Simple stuff with chinos and t shirts but the classic clean cut style I've always liked. Some basic style tips I've always tried to stick to are: Belt and shoes must always match. E.g. Never wear a brown belt with black shoes, you'll look like a league 2 footballer at a wedding. Ties should always be at least one shade darker than the shirt and the bottom of

your tie should touch your belt. Never ever wear t shirts with shit slogans on. A plain white or grey t shirt will always look better!

• 1 month later...

I am returning some stuff from ASOS, and have booked a collection. Can someone here tell me if I need to stick anything to the front of the bag? They give you a sticker if you are returning it via Royal Mail and Collections+, but nothing for a collection. A look at the FAQ doesnt give me an answer.

Archived