TV Shows that are just good enough to watch

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Everyone has TV programmes they love myself included but these are few and far between, to pass the time sometimes I'll watch something that's just good enough to keep me entertained.

King of Queens

Big Bang Theory

The Cleveland Show

I can watch these shows and find them kind of amusing, I wouldn't recommend them and I can easily go a whole episode without laughing, if they were 5 percent worse I'd have to give them a miss but they're just good enough to keep me watching occasionally.

What are yours?

• Paid Members

The Big Bang Theory is class.

Mine would be Friends. It must be a lot of other people's too because they'd run the same 2 episodes about 6 times a day on E4 and people tuned in for years.

• Paid Members
Mine would be Friends. It must be a lot of other people's too because they'd run the same 2 episodes about 6 times a day on E4 and people tuned in for years.

This for me 100%. If it was on and I couldnt be arsed to turn it on, I'd leave it safe in the knowledge that it was decent enough. I was never a big fan of it and I'd never buy the DVDs or do any research into the characters, but I knew enough to know enough and it was good. There's some Jim Belushi sitcom on Channel 4 that used to be on at about 7.30 that I'd watch before going to work. Dont know the name of it. Just remembered it wasnt worth turning off.

Used to watch a show called Coach at 4 in the morning on ITV when I used to come in from a night out years ago. That was alright to watch. Anyone remember it?

• Paid Members
I've noticed I've started watching Bob's Burgers when I get in on a Saturday night. I don't really like it, but it passes half an hour or so.

That's one of mine too, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it but I certainly can't be bothered to change the channel if it's on.

I remember Coach.

For me According to Jim is too bad to watch.

Friends is a good one definitely used to be one of mine, wouldn't watch it now though.

I really struggled to think of anything for this, which makes me realise how I much I love Sky+ and/or watching stuff from Online. I spend very little wasted telly time - there's pretty much always something in the planner or something I'm part way through watching. The soon-to-be-back Friends reruns don't really count for me, because I still think it's pretty great.

At the moment, I'm still watching Wilfred, but it's absolutely nowhere near reaching the heights the novel idea should have allowed it too. I haven't tried the Aussie original, but I'm not sure I want to after this. I'm quietly disappointed every week with it.

• Paid Members

Takeshis Castle is something that I always pop on when I get home in the evening.

The novelty of it has worn off, so I don't find it laugh out loud funny anymore, but it's decent enough whilst I have a drink and relax during that crucial first 20 minutes when you get home from work.

• Paid Members
Takeshis Castle is something that I always pop on when I get home in the evening.

The novelty of it has worn off, so I don't find it laugh out loud funny anymore, but it's decent enough whilst I have a drink and relax during that crucial first 20 minutes when you get home from work.

Good call, this, although Uphill Garden, when it makes a rare appearance on there, is still one of the best things on telly.

I wouldn't put Friends here. Even though it went downhill post-Chandler and Monica having it off, it still has its great moments, especially most things involving Joey.

Corrie is one of those shows I'll only watch on the rare occasions that I'm channel flicking (seriously, who does that anymore? with the internet and cheap DVDs and so many channels etc there's nearly always something you want to watch, rather than watching something 'because it's on'). Anyway, if I watch Corrie it's mostly to hope for a couple of scenes with this legend,

DevDeirdre.jpg

Steeeeevieeeee Boyyyyyyyyyyy

Im gunna have to put American Dad and perhaps Family Guy in this bracket. I watch them late because they are on BBC3 and are better that the usual tripe that is on at that time, unless there is a decent film on

Im not overly keen on either if honest, but they both help pass the time and raise the odd smirk and chuckle

Big Bang Theory is a great shout. There's just enough clever lines to keep you coming back, but it stretches credibility to the absolute limit with the increasing suggestion that a girl who looks like Penny has absolutely nowhere to go for sex outside a weird coven of socially crippled, badly-dressed midgets.

In-keeping with nerd comedy, I can take or leave the IT Crowd on occasions when Matt Berry isn't heavily featured - obviously it's a must-watch when he's in it. Gavin & Stacey is another one that just about scrapes through on the talents of Rob Brydon and Larry Lamb.

Archived