So this Metallica/Lou Reed business...

Mr. Seven

lulu.jpg

It's going to be amazing isn't it? The album is EIGHTY-SEVEN MINUTES LONG. Eighty-seven. 87 minutes. The track titles are hilarious too. 'Cheat On Me' , 'Mistress Dread' , 'Pumping Blood'. Lou Reed has already said it's the greatest thing anyone has ever done musically, while James and Kirk have admitted that he made them weep (which isn't hard to do these days).

Still not convinced? Check this shit out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZhnTY_tdeU...player_embedded

I've heard it about 57 times since Monday and I laugh harder every time.

CAN'T WAIT.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, had no idea this was going on til I saw this thread, Metallica have been shit since after ...And Justice for all, this is a hilariously cringe inducing low that will go down as one of the worst things in popular music history

That's quite the reaction to a 30 second preview.

Death magnetic was a not half bad album, and the black album had some good tunes on it (though I could quite happily live the rest of my life without hearing sandman again).

Lou reed's a bit special, and metallica are doing alot better than they have in ages, quite excited about this.

• Paid Members
Wow, had no idea this was going on til I saw this thread, Metallica have been shit since after ...And Justice for all, this is a hilariously cringe inducing low that will go down as one of the worst things in popular music history

That's quite the reaction to a 30 second preview.

Honestly I'm not normally the type but come on.

Lou Reed said it was the best thing he had done, not the best thing in the history of all music.

The preview sounds terrible. Lou Reed's voice just does nothing for me. I'd rather listen to Lars sing than him.

It's worrying that they'd choose that 30 seconds to represent the album...

Archived