So this Metallica/Lou Reed business...

Mr. Seven

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
That clip sounds like a bad mashup. I'm pretty sure that this will suck, but you never know. It's going to get panned regardless though because metal fans are the worst around.

I'm looking forwards to all the really painful forced internet rage. It'll be like when Mark Kermode reviews a big populist blockbuster.

And musically, I have no problems with weird little oddities like this. It's not like it really counts as part of Metallica's back catalogue.

• Paid Members
They've released a 90 second preview of the same song now. Sounds terrible. Lou Reed reading morbid poems as Metallica seemingly jam on some unrelated and dull music in the background :(

Metallica have been dull as ditchwater for years anyway. I'm a huge fan but half of Load/Reload and the whole of the last two albums have been terrible.

The clip reminds me of the worst parts of St Anger where Hetfield desperately crammed his over-emotional, self-pitying lyrics into parts of the song where they weren't needed.

The only thing Metallica have done that I've really disliked was Invisible Kid due to that singing part and the awful 7 year old child-esq lyrics.

I think the Loads have some great songs on them and would have been a fine single album if they had trimmed the stock stuff. I loved Death Magnetic so I can't agree that they're dull....this just sounds like a mess though. The only non terrible bits are the bit that James starts singing on.

• Paid Members
As an old school thrash metal fan, I can safely say that this nonsense doesn't exist in my world.

I'm almost upset Dave Mustaine has cleaned up, found God and he and Metallica are all friends again. I'd have loved to hear the old Dave give his opinion on LouTallica. :laugh:

Archived