Kurt Angle

Derrick-Bateman

Arrested

Wrestling legend Kurt Angle was arrested early this morning on charges of driving under the influence ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement tells TMZ ... Angle's car was spotted by another driver ... swerving between lanes on I-66. Angle was busted by Virginia State Troopers, who responded to the call, and taken to Warren County Jail.

He posted $2,000 bond and was released at 3:31 AM.

Angle won the gold medal in wrestling at the 1996 Olympics before turning to professional wrestling. He made his name in the WWE and is currently under contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

taken from TMZ.com they have the mug shot as well

• Paid Members

I think there should be a rule that only Kurt Angle threads posted are one of news of his dead. Or at least have the one thread of naughty business, like Matt Hardy has. Kurt's an Olympic Gold Medallist. He's earned the right to his own 'fuck up' thread, like Matthew. Kurt Angle getting a DUI like saying Randy Orton did the RKO on Friday.

Agree with the above though. As Ivory said in her timeline "Kurt came into WWF a gentlemen, an athlete and great husband and father and ended up turning into another wrestler".

• Paid Members
I think there should be a rule that only Kurt Angle threads posted are one of news of his dead. Or at least have the one thread of naughty business, like Matt Hardy has. Kurt's an Olympic Gold Medallist. He's earned the right to his own 'fuck up' thread, like Matthew. Kurt Angle getting a DUI like saying Randy Orton did the RKO on Friday.

Agree with the above though. As Ivory said in her timeline "Kurt came into WWF a gentlemen, an athlete and great husband and father and ended up turning into another wrestler".

Pro wrestling just consumes people for some reason rarely in a good way, when I was a kid I loved the idea of being a big bad wrestler it just seemed ace, now if Vinnie Mac called me up and offerd me a run with the strap I don't even know if id want to take it (i'd do it for the cash though like)

• Paid Members
I clicked on this fearing the worst, turns out it's just another DUI.

Yeah, the thread title needs a bit of info to be honest, maybe "Kurt Angle Arrested" would be a good idea.

Is it gonna surprise anyone to learn that Kurt is claiming he's been framed.....

'TMZ.com reports that Kurt Angle believes he's been framed in connection with his arrest Sunday morning on charges of driving under the influence.

Kurt Angle's attorney Frank Smith tells TMZ his client was asked to submit to a breathalyzer test and passed. "We understand Kurt will be entering a plea of not guilty in response to any infractions and/or offenses," he adds.

Sources close to the 2012 Olympic hopeful say the "cops are just trying to make an example of him."

TMZ notes that someone who is not legally drunk can still be arrested for driving under the influence if drugs or alcohol impair the driver's ability to navigate the road.

The TNA World Heavyweight Champion was arrested in Virginia and taken to Warren County Jail. He posted $2,000 bond and was released at 3:31 a.m.'

Archived