The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

Here's a blast from a couple of years ago. From IWRG.

Black Terry and Negro Navarro vs Trauma I and II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNrdg0pJ_Ac 

Going to give this a watch tonight. Thanks!

For next week there's the bad news that the Disciples Of Death are back but that is very much drowned out by MATANZA VS MIL FUCKING MUERTES!!!! They're going to destroy the entire building. I'm more excited for this than I was the entire Wrestlemania card.

I really hope they go all out, destruction on a Mil Muertes vs Fenix level. It's going to be a brawl!

Seriously how good is Dario Cueto, he might be my favourite character in all Wrestling.

I messaged my friend (my only LU watching friend) just after the first segment to remind him how much I love Dario. As someone said before, it's hard to remember that he's just an actor, and has no connection to wrestling at all. He plays the character so well. 

Thoughts on this week...

Is it me, or is Killshot just not getting over very well? Argenis is a good opponent, but people just don't seem to care. Hopefully people will get behind him soon. He's a good wrestler, just having trouble connecting. 

Daga had a good showing, I like him. Bit of a surprise that Texano went over, as it was Daga's debut and all. Expected him to win. Usually, I find Texano to be quite boring too, but I enjoyed his work this week. 

The Trios match, I felt, was only really great towards the end. Cage is seriously strong, catching Azteca whilst carrying Puma. That's mental. The finishing sequence was incredible though, and one of the reasons I really hope they keep Puma/Rey/Azteca together.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

LU this week was fantastic. Everything about it was just super fun. Only the Disciple of Death ripping out his partners hearts was somewhat questionable but it might lead to something good.

Matanza/Muertes part 1 did not disappoint and there's going to be even more carnage in the future. To quote the great man himself "War!"

Agreed. Loved this week's show. When Mil and Matanza squared up to each other the hairs stood up on the back of my neck, very rare I get that revved up for a match. I'm glad they left plenty in the tank aswel, I completely avoid spoilers so not sure how it plays out but I want, I need more of this.

Also, a guy in a purple skull mask ripped out the heart of 2 people and stood clutching them in some ceremonial killing like something out of fucking Predator!!! I love this show.

• Paid Members

I reckon one more match which ends with Matanza destroying Mil Muertes in another non-finish to even things up before a final death match blow off. Props to Dario for taking that nasty bump right on the back of his head. Especially for a non-worker.

Also loved Mundo's delivery of "Cage...in a cage".

I loved it. Drago vs Aerostar was a good exhibition match. The Trios match was decent enough for what it was, although I'm not sure about the tactics of Jack Evans. The backstage segment with Taya and Mundo was a nice little set up. Looking forward to the cage match. DoD fella ripping out hearts was brilliant. I didn't see that coming at all, I was waiting for them all to attack Catrina. I'm interested to see where that takes the remaining DoD (I'm useless with their names).

Mil vs Matanza was a bit of a war. As said above, Mil's punches are amazing, and when he mounted Matanza and started raining punches, I got goosebumps. Dario and Catrina getting involved served well to remind us that they are in charge of each guy. The finish was brilliant. I expected one of them to take a bump off of the office, I was wasn't sure how. Going through the top was even better. Dario screaming WAR at Catrina was great. I love Dario.

The police segment...missing posters were cool...but I'm waiting for it all to play out. Naturally, lady cop isn't going to leave it alone, she's already got Cortez and Ryan at the Temple, but I'm curious to see if anyone else gets involved from this other guys side. And who is he working for? Dario perhaps?

Archived