The Tea Thread

tom

• Moderators

At my new office, the canteen closes at 3 and if I want tea after that time it has to be horrible machine tea in a plastic cup. Lame.

Although when I work from the London office once or twice a week there's all sorts of different fancy teas, and they're all free.

Swings and roundabouts, I guess.

• Paid Members
At my new office, the canteen closes at 3 and if I want tea after that time it has to be horrible machine tea in a plastic cup. Lame.

Although when I work from the London office once or twice a week there's all sorts of different fancy teas, and they're all free.

Swings and roundabouts, I guess.

I'd rather drink piss than vending machine/plastic cup tea.

PG tips and nothing else for me. It's the only brew strong enough, and the pyramid bag is a genius invention. Tetley is weak as piss.

I like it white, but very strong and 1 big sugar. The hotter it is the better it tastes. Can't stand a lukewarm cuppa.

Yes, yes and yes again. At home, my family drink Tetley tea and I can't stand it, it really is weak and not that nice. So I've found myself buying a box of PG Tips and keeping it in the cupboard for when I'm home and drinking that instead. If it's not PG Tips for me, I'll drink Yorkshire tea. I have to admit to liking Earl Grey though. It's not a "through the day" cup for me though, I tend to save that for my first cup in the morning, and if I have one just before bed, that'll be Earl Grey too. And it has to be Twinings Earl Grey.

The fruit tea only comes out of the cupboard when there's a girl that I like who mentions peppermint tea or something similar. I have to keep that teabag in myself as I drink it so that it gets progressively stronger (even though this only actually serves as having some flavour by the end of the cup).

Fuck, I'm a fussy bastard when it comes to tea.

I'll happily drink any of the major brands. I personally prefer tetly and don't find it weak at all, but I'll often have PG (if theres a free goddamn monkey!) and I drink yorkshire tea at work. I drink it black at work but at weekends at home I'll add a splash of milk. No sugar though. You might as well drink squash if you're going to ruin the tea with sugar.

I've tried fruit tea a few times and found it to be the biggest disapointment in the world. If scientists ever need proof that you don't taste with your nose it's this. They smell delicious, but then you sip some and it just tastes like hot water.

Also I'm unusual in that I don't mind cold tea. If I'm hard at work and forget about my cuppa , I'll gladly gulp it down cold.

Cup of Yorkshire Tea, splash of milk, no sugar. The best. The very best.

I'm quite a fan of most teas. My missus isn't a fan of normal tea, so she ends up getting loads of different teas which I'll end up indulging in from time to time. I really like cherry & cinammon and green tea with pineapple. Also if we're including iced tea in this thread, I'm picking Lipton's peach flavoured iced tea. Sexy as hell.

Archived