Looney Tunes

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Paid Members
Am I wrong that Pepe LePew was Looney Tunes as well. Everyone favourite Skunk sex offender who I swore was always in love what seemed to be a cat.

Pepe was indeed a looney tune, and something would always happen to the cat...like some paint would run on her back giving her a stripe so she would look like a skunk.

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

The other day, I decided I'm going to watch every Looney Tunes / Merrie Melodies cartoon ever made (barring ones that are lost - not sure if any are, someone else may know) at a rate of at least two a day. I reckon I'll be finished about June 2014. There's 1039 of them.

No I don't know why and yes I'm already regretting it. I just want Road Runner to start being made already.

9 down, 1030 to go.

I'm a massive Donald Duck fan. He covers his duck body up with a towel when he gets out a shower. What's not to like? A lot of that era's animation has an incredble atmosphere to them. Tom and Jerry is great as well. I was actually reading about the "controversy" surrounding Tom And Jerry episodes a few weeks back on Wikipedia. It makes for quite interesting reading.

Thomas!

I hadn't seen this thread before. I've thought for a while about having a thread open for discussion of all animation, but the prospect of writing a massive opening post kind of daunted me a little bit.

Before my old computer went to heaven, I was about half way through doing a write up on the censored 11 cartoons, with youtube links to all of the offending works and little reviews and thoughts on each one. I was kind of

• Paid Members

^ I bought a couple a few years back but can't find them. I've just been watching them on YouTube so far and hoping that they are all on there, not just the public domain ones.

I hadn't seen this thread before. I've thought for a while about having a thread open for discussion of all animation, but the prospect of writing a massive opening post kind of daunted me a little bit.

Before my old computer went to heaven, I was about half way through doing a write up on the censored 11 cartoons, with youtube links to all of the offending works and little reviews and thoughts on each one. I was kind of

• Paid Members
^ I bought a couple a few years back but can't find them. I've just been watching them on YouTube so far and hoping that they are all on there, not just the public domain ones.

I'll upload a few crackers and send you the links so you can nab 'em, Gladders.

Seriously, could watch Wile E do his business all day.

• Paid Members

I love Looney Tunes. I force my daughter to watch it to appreciate the golden age of cartoons. Disney channel can take their Emporers New School and shove it up their arse.

My Dad's favourite was Foghorn Leghorn, who of course later achieved fame as northern butcher Fred Elliott. Road Runner and Wile E Coyote was superb, as were any cartoons with Bugs and Daffy trying to outwit each other. Sylvester and Tweety however, looking back, was pretty shit.

Archived