Looney Tunes

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Favourite moments, characters, cartoons? Obviously anyone saying Pepe Le Pew will be banned. From everything.

One of my favourite things as a kid would be when you were watching BBC1 or ITV and they had a gap between programmes for one reason or another, and they would stick on a bonus Looney Tunes cartoon. Always a lovely surprise.

I remembering taping the Bugs Bunny-Road Runner Movie off the telly and watching it almost every day of the summer holidays. Yosemite Sam was probably my favourite character and although it's an obvious choice, this has to be my favourite cartoon:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH6i2Z6mTRE...feature=related

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Never a massive Looney tunes fan. Always preferred Tom and Jerry and the Hanna-Barbera stuff. I did absolutely love Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote though. It's such a simple concept that works so well. Always loved the animation too, particularly whenever Coyote would fall to his "death".

Used to have "Meep, meep" as my text tone but it drove everyone mental.

My daughter loves the baby looney tunes show and watches Bugs and Road Runner and Tom & Jerry, Scooby doo, etc. All utterly timeless.

I thought Looney Tunes shat all over Disney stuff. Bugs Bunny is my hero. Like Rick, I loved Road Runner too. I think another top fave of mine was Speedy Gonzales, especially when teaming up with his cousin Slowpoke Rodriguez - the slowest mouse in all of Mexico!

"Arriba arriba andale andale YEE-HAH!"

Also quite enjoyed Tiny Toon Adventures when it appeared, and Buster's Hidden Treasure was one of the best platform games going.

When I was a kid, we didn't have a video recorder but on New Years Eve my parents would always throw a huge party at our house, and they'd borrow a VHS off someone and set it up upstairs for the kids, and we'd rent a couple of kids movies (Goonies, Labyrinth) and some Tom and Jerry / Bugs Bunny compilations.

For me, no cartoons come close to the early, classic Tom and Jerry cartoons. They are distilled genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WObIJdXDCT8...feature=related

Fun obscure fact - in recent years, a lot of the T&J cartoons had the voice of the black maid re-recorded to take out some of the more racist bits of her dialogue. And who was used as the voice? Shelton Benjamin's Momma!

• Paid Members

I too loved Road Runner and Wile E Coyote, but my absolute favourite was Foghorn Leghorn.

Of Rice and Hen

The voice was magic, which was a large part of why I liked the cartoons so much and his attempts at being a father figure to the chick (and others) or to educate them was pure gold.

• Paid Members

Not sure if i'm remembering right, but every Christmas for a while I think they used to have a feature length cartoon on the BBC (there might have been a couple of different ones), that kinda had a story linking them all together. Pretty sure it was shown on Christmas morning itself. I'm off to try and track them down.....

Edit: I think this is one of them, but looks like i'll have to pick it up somewhere to be sure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Looney_Lo...ugs_Bunny_Movie

• Paid Members
Question about Road Runner and ol' Wile: When I was a lad my father used to tell me about one episode whereby Road Runner WAS actually caught. Obviously he'd later escape, but I was wondering if such a fabled episode exists?

Quite possibly this:-

• Paid Members
Quite possibly this:-

Brilliant. Completely not how I imagined it, but that's been bugging me since I was tiny. Love the music when he grabs him and it's as if some sort of boss level has been completed or some kind of momentous event has happened. Nice touch with the signs too.

Archived