RIOT!

big mickey

• Paid Members
But you not an extremest you know they are some people out there who would still cry police brutally if they went it and did what they had (and should) do.

Gotta tell you, I don't know that - if there are such people, they are a ridiculous minority. My friend Joe, over here in the US, may be the most liberal firebrand I've ever met, and he's with me on there being a time when the batons come out.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought.

What with Premiership football being back this coming weekend, anyone think there is going to be alot of trouble at the matches with their being a big police presence at all matches?

Not just London or Brum, but nationwide, due to the idiots in each area of the country wanting to be involved - I wouldn't be surprised myself.

What do you think should be done right now?

It's a really hard question. Because I think if the response is too heavy handed you run the risk of causing a lot more violence on both sides. And I don't think anyone wants to see anyone killed. And then the kids just get more excited because of the danger factor. It's just like a game for them vs. the police. It's got to be damage control now, everyones got to take responsibility, not just the police. The parents, community and youth workers and especially the kids themselves. Someones got to get the message through to them. But who does that is the hard question.

• Paid Members

Right I've avoided headlines for a few days. Anybody fancy telling me what the chuffing hell is going on?

From the jist of what I know, police shot some gangster and a mob decided to get pay back, but it spread. That right? Why has a riot started in Birmingham?

I know the rough outline and that but what are the details.

• Paid Members
It's just a pity we have so many soldiers overseas fighting illegitimate wars. Could have done with them here, protecting the taxpayers who pay their wages.

I would wager that we still have a few hanging around - I agree with you, but really, just makes you look a bit silly, scoring some points where the argument is already won on that subject.

I would wager that we still have a few hanging around - I agree with you, but really, just makes you look a bit silly, scoring some points where the argument is already won on that subject.

Scoring some points? From who? I'm just stating a fact. When facing an emergency like this we could do with some experienced armed forces helping out.

Can you really see the kids taking responsibility and learning a lesson from this? If anything, being involved in this is improving their "street cred."

And if the parents either cared or had any control over their kids then they wouldn't be out there would they?

How can youth/community workers take responsibility when these guys just don't want to listen?

Unfortunately the real world doesn't work in the same way as films like Dangerous Minds. Like you, I'd love to be able to talk to them and get them to see the errors of their ways but, as you can surely see, that is impossible.

Can you really see the kids taking responsibility and learning a lesson from this? If anything, being involved in this is improving their "street cred."

And if the parents either cared or had any control over their kids then they wouldn't be out there would they?

How can youth/community workers take responsibility when these guys just don't want to listen?

Unfortunately the real world doesn't work in the same way as films like Dangerous Minds. Like you, I'd love to be able to talk to them and get them to see the errors of their ways but, as you can surely see, that is impossible.

That's fair enough - but how effective are the police being at the minute?

Right I've avoided headlines for a few days. Anybody fancy telling me what the chuffing hell is going on?

From the jist of what I know, police shot some gangster and a mob decided to get pay back, but it spread. That right? Why has a riot started in Birmingham?

I know the rough outline and that but what are the details.

Police shot someone they'd been following, the guy's family are suspicious about the details of the "firefight" and started protesting to get answers. Cunts came and turned it into a big riot/looting session that grew and spread. Other cunts in Brum fancied a bit of the same.