RIOT!

big mickey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't ignore that at all, I didn't even mention the Tories! They are as bad but for different reasons.

I don't think anyone is going to argue that we're were in a GOOD place by the end of the 70s, are they? I mean, all that solidarity didn't result in an economic boom, quite the opposite.

To put it simplistically, Labour tends to built too unwieldy a bureaucratic state that tries to level society but costs too much, and the Tories dismantle too much of the state, relying too heavily on the vagaries of the individual and "market forces".

Both models tend to deliver well in the short term but in the long term create economic or social problems. If only there was a middle way.... ;)

I also hope people are aware that their Prime Minister and Mayor of London were part of The Bullingdon Club at Oxford - one well known for destruction of property. So really you've got 'mindless thug scum' as the Prime Minister too.

It doesn't ignore that at all, I didn't even mention the Tories! They are as bad but for different reasons.

I don't think anyone is going to argue that we're were in a GOOD place by the end of the 70s, are they? I mean, all that solidarity didn't result in an economic boom, quite the opposite.

To put it simplistically, Labour tends to built too unwieldy a bureaucratic state that tries to level society but costs too much, and the Tories dismantle too much of the state, relying too heavily on the vagaries of the individual and "market forces".

Both models tend to deliver well in the short term but in the long term create economic or social problems. If only there was a middle way.... ;)

New Labour was pretty much an extension of Thatcherism anyway, so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

I also hope people are aware that their Prime Minister and Mayor of London were part of The Bullingdon Club at Oxford - one well known for destruction of property. So really you've got 'mindless thug scum' as the Prime Minister too.

Yeah true I think that's even been brought up a few times.

Anyway I don't care if you haven't got a pot to piss in and have had no education and may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer or you are a billionaire and have the best education in the world and are so smart you could call Einstein a dummy if you rioted and looted you are scum.

Yeah true I think that's even been brought up a few times.

Anyway I don't care if you haven't got a pot to piss in and have had no education and may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer or you are a billionaire and have the best education in the world and are so smart you could call Einstein a dummy if you rioted and looted you are scum.

My point being that Cameron isn't in the best position to condemn criminal damage when he was part of a 'gang' that acted in a similar manner. Albeit whilst wearing tailcoats.

My point being that Cameron isn't in the best position to condemn criminal damage when he was part of a 'gang' that acted in a similar manner. Albeit whilst wearing tailcoats.

And I agree with that point and it does indeed make him a hypocrite as all he has done is come out and say "Do as I say not do as I do"

I also think it's sad that the millionairess daughter and some others will stand a better chance at getting off as either the fine will be nothing to them or they could afford better lawyers.

I've always thought the broad message of Thatcherism was quite inspiring. "There's no such thing as society" is often trotted out without the wider context of their being an obligation to society through the individual "It's our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour."

An inspiration to act in a way where you always put yourself first, before anyone else. How inspiring. Or selfish individualism.

• Paid Members

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tays...entral-14512402

Meanwhile, a 19-year-old man has been arrested in connection with comments made on a social networking site alleged to have incited people to riot in Kirkcaldy.

Kirkcaldy ffs! :laugh:

I won't make the lazy joke about the riot causing thousands of pounds worth of improvements.

Edited by martyngnr