UFC on Versus #5: 'Hardy vs Lytle' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Yeah Lytle's been great to watch over the years. Ebb summed it up nicely. He's been having show stealing wars since I got into MMA. Deffo deserves a place in the HoF. He's someone the UFC could always rely on to give a good fight.

Besides his recent fights, his fights with Robbie Lawler, Nick Diaz, Thiago Alves, Paul Taylor and Kevin Burns are all well worth checking out for anyone who hasn't seen 'em.

Glad I got to see him fight live at least once, at UFC 89 in a typical FOTN winning performance with Paul Taylor.

This also makes me think Hardy has a better shot than I thought previously cause like already said, Lytle's gonna want to go out with a bang so I can't see him trying to get a safe win. Probably gonna be a crazy fight.

I'll stick with Lytle by decision in a close exciting fight. Love to see Lytle go out on a win.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

weigh in video

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-LqiTGtxPY

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMZ1cCQSpWA...der&list=UL

results if you can't be arsed to watch :thumbsup:

MAIN CARD (Versus)

Dan Hardy (170)* vs. Chris Lytle (170.5)

Ben Henderson (156) vs. Jim Miller (155.5)

Donald Cerrone (156) vs. Charles Oliveira (155)

Duane Ludwig (170.5) vs. Amir Sadollah (170)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

C.B. Dollaway (186) vs. Jared Hamman (185)

Joseph Benavidez (135.5) vs. Eddie Wineland (136)

Ed Herman (186) vs. Kyle Noke (185)

Ronny Markes (205) vs. Karlos Vemola (205.5)

Alex Caceres (146) vs. Jim Hettes (145.5)

Cole Miller (155) vs. T.J. O'Brien (155.5)

Danny Castillo (156) vs. Jacob Volkmann (156)

Edwin Figueroa (136) vs. Jason Reinhardt (135)

* - Hardy missed weight on first attempt (171.5 pounds); made weight on second attempt

edit - second Dana video blog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOIe9G9xo9k

• Paid Members

Yeah McDonald/Figueroa is one of the best fights this year that doesn't really get talked about. Even in losing Figueroa looked great, I think he took that fight on short notice aswell. Looking forward to seeing him again.

• Paid Members

Just watched the second video blog, had to laugh at the end after Hardy finally made weight and said "that's what happens when Big Country does your fucking weight cut for ya"

Arianny trying to look at Hardy's knob at the weigh ins aswell, she's filth that one. Should do Dan Hardy vs Tiki in a 'Arianny on a pole match' on the UK card. Sure she's no stranger to sitting on poles.

It was a good show.

I bet hardys trainers are irate over his performance barely no kicks, didnt moved, just boxed and then took him down to get submitted. Hardy deserves to be cut on that performance.

Ben Henderson silenced the fans with that amazing display over Jim Miller. Shame I didnt put any money on Henderson I had his back all the way into this fight. Id love to see him Vs Clay Guida there really isnt any other match up for him at the moment for the No. 1 contendership Wrestler Vs Wrestler = Stand up slugfest :)

Now to get some shut eye and watch the summmerslam repeat in the morning UFC comes first

• Paid Members

Fucking amazing show last night. Probably my MMA card of the year so far top to bottom.

Lytle going out on a win in a fight like that was great to see, the post fight stuff with his kids was really cool too. Lytle picked up the FOTN and SOTN bonuses aswell and he's got a new Harley Davidson as promised to the winner of the main event so he's gone out in style :thumbsup:

Great fight, Hardy had his moments in round 2 but I dunno he didn't look too sharp to me. Seemed very hesitant to engage at times, think the Condit KO might have fucked with his confidence in his striking and when he doesn't have the grappling to fall back on that's never gonna end well.

Ben Henderson totally walking through Jim Miller was the big shocker of the night. Never saw that coming, I thought he had a chance but I had Miller as the favourite as I'm sure most did. Best performance of his career easy. Miller's a tough little bastard not getting finished in rounds 2 and 3.

I like the call for Bendo vs Guida. Winner of that would for sure deserve the next crack at the champ.

Cerrone made up for his lacklustre fight with Rocha big time. Another WEC 155er making a statement. Just proves WEC's 155 division was legit.

Really enjoyed Amir/Ludwig fight. Thought going in they were kinda mirror images but Ludwig proved his striking's on another level. Great little fight.

Prelims were excellent for the most part too. The CB/Hamman and Bruce Leeroy/Hettes fights in particular were really good stuff.

Cracking night of fights

Archived