UFC on Versus #5: 'Hardy vs Lytle' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Quote from Marshall Zelaznik on the TV situation

"Versus programming falls outside of our current deal with ESPN. While efforts were made to get ESPN the carry the Hardy fight, we could not come to terms. We understand UFC fans and ESPN customers will be disappointed, so the UFC has made the entire main card available - for free - live and on-demand all next week to ensure everyone can see this fights."

"The Versus shows only came into being in early 2010, after our agreement with ESPN had already been signed. Nevertheless we have worked with ESPN to bring these cards to ESPN subscribers; but on this occasion with Sunday's fight ESPN decided not to license the event.

"Ultimately, we did all we could to try and get this programming out. There's a some of talk online that this is a step towards all UFC events going on Pay-Per-View in the UK - truth is this has not been a factor in this situation. ESPN continues to show the vast majority of major UFC action and with our relationship with Five there is plenty of content available to our fans. We feel confident that our hard core fan base will understand and find a way to see the fights through UFC.tv."

How to watch free:

UFC Live: Dan Hardy v Chris Lytle

The preliminary events are ufc facebook page. just

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

"Versus programming falls outside of our current deal with ESPN. While efforts were made to get ESPN the carry the Hardy fight, we could not come to terms. We understand UFC fans and ESPN customers will be disappointed, so the UFC has made the entire main card available - for free - live and on-demand all next week to ensure everyone can see this fights."

"The Versus shows only came into being in early 2010, after our agreement with ESPN had already been signed. Nevertheless we have worked with ESPN to bring these cards to ESPN subscribers; but on this occasion with Sunday's fight ESPN decided not to license the event.

"Ultimately, we did all we could to try and get this programming out. There's a some of talk online that this is a step towards all UFC events going on Pay-Per-View in the UK - truth is this has not been a factor in this situation. ESPN continues to show the vast majority of major UFC action and with our relationship with Five there is plenty of content available to our fans. We feel confident that our hard core fan base will understand and find a way to see the fights through UFC.tv."

That I guess covers the Versus problem, but why are the Prelims and Fight Night shows being pulled too?

I know in the UK we've always had a very sweet deal with UFC coverage on ESPN compared to PPV fees everywhere else, and if Zuffa are wanting a bit more money to broadcast I can understand that. ESPN really need to nip this in the bud and get this contract sorted. They'd be stupid to let the UFC go to another provider. They would lose loads of custom. They have a great foothold right now, and if the UFC does massively blow up over here like lots think it will, then they are extremely stupid.

Don't you just love Ebersole? Seems like a very genuine character and is always humble in victory.

Now THAT guy is a fighter! Experienced, lethal, great submission defence as we all saw and the second best ground and pound of the night. I have to give those honors to Alexander Gustafsson :)

UFC just got another fighter I just have to see when he's on :) kudos

• Paid Members

Sounds like this is mainly down to ESPN not wanting to cough up. I think they should've tried (maybe they did) to get it on Five. Sunday night from 2-4am is just Chat Roulette.

Seems a bit silly, I'm paying for ESPN and now I've gotta watch it on a 14" monitor in my room instead of the flatscreen in the living room.

Oh well at least we get to see it. The German fans have to do this for EVERY UFC because it's not on TV there :(

What type of TV do you have? Do you have a laptop with an HDMI output? If you an HDMI output on your laptop with an HDMI input on your TV, should be able to watch it on the big screen no problems. Even a VGA output/input would do the job as i'm sure the quality from UFC.TV will be good enough for a big screen.

• Paid Members

yeh its being shown live on channel 433.

you have to give props to the UFC, they do their best for the fans. They could easily have let this thing just stream over the website but they've actually gone out and secured a tv slot, which is free for everyone! fair play to em.

yeh its being shown live on channel 433.

you have to give props to the UFC, they do their best for the fans. They could easily have let this thing just stream over the website but they've actually gone out and secured a tv slot, which is free for everyone! fair play to em.

Do you have to subscribe though?

• Paid Members
Don't you just love Ebersole? Seems like a very genuine character and is always humble in victory.

yeh, great. $70,000 is a ridiculous amount of money to recieve as a bonus. That's alot more money than Ebersole has probably ever earned from a fight, you can tell he was pretty happy about it :) for a guy to from journeyman status to becoming a recognised star and earning that kinda cheese is awesome, and like you said, so humble with it.

Archived