CB Dollaway vs Jared Hamman

Joseph Benavidez vs Eddie Wineland

Ed Herman vs Kyle Noke

Karlos Vemola vs Ronny Markes

Alex Caceres vs Jim Hettes

Cole Miller vs TJ O'Brien

Danny Castillo vs Jacob Volkmann

Edwin Figueroa vs Jason Reinhardt

Really looking forward to this. Shit that it's a Sunday night though. And it will be full of ad breaks as these shows usually are. Still, what a fucking card this is. All 4 main card fights have FOTN written all over em and the prelims look excellent too.

The winner of Miller/Henderson should be right up there for the title shot against the Edgar/Maynard winner so there's a lot at stake in that one. That should probably have headlined this show imo but Hardy and Lytle are the more recognizable names I guess. Hardy is fighting to stay employed and I can see this being it for him in the UFC. Should be a great fight though.

Cerrone vs Oliveira is gonna be fucking awesome.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donald Cerrone needds to start entering into this "Lightweight title contention" talk too. That guy shows up to fight. He's lost 3 times, and all of those have been title fights, so maybe he'll end up with a Ken Flo reputation, but I certainly would want to see him fight for the UFC Lightweight strap

• Paid Members
Donald Cerrone needds to start entering into this "Lightweight title contention" talk too. That guy shows up to fight. He's lost 3 times, and all of those have been title fights, so maybe he'll end up with a Ken Flo reputation, but I certainly would want to see him fight for the UFC Lightweight strap

Yeah Cerrone's gotta be up there if he beats Oliveira. In most divisions a win like that would probably put him maybe one win away from a title shot but 155 is fucked at the minute and he'll probably have to wait a while.

I'd say the winner of Miller/Henderson is most deserving at the moment, especially Miller he'd be my pick for the shot with a win on Sunday, Henderson might need another win. Then you've got Melvin Guillard, Clay Guida, Dennis Siver, then there's guys like Sherk who could shoot up into contention if he comes back and beats one of the above. It's well messy but it's a good problem for the UFC to have I suppose.

If Cerrone beats Oliveira I'd like to see him fight the winner of Siver/Stout next. Or maybe the winner of Pettis/Stephens. Cerrone vs Pettis is the WEC dream fight that never happened for me.

Do we get this on ESPN in the UK? I've been through a phase of not watching UFC for a year or so but I watched 132 and I'm hooked again. Thanks

• Paid Members

i wont be watching this live as im at a festival sunday, a monday job for me.

Great looking little card, every fight on the main card is tremenous. The undercard is massive too, it's like a fight card in itself. I'm hoping that we get some decent versions of them available on the monday. Since the facebook streams it's harder to get quality versions of the unaired stuff.

Ive asked this before but i cant remember what people said. If i goto facebook monday, can i rewatch the live stream of the prelims through the facebook page?

• Paid Members

...Ill answer my own question. The UFC 133 unaired prelims are still available on the UFC facebook page, you can just reload the whole stream. The quality isn't great though, im looking at 'Best Available' but it's still pretty poor.

Could someone else log in and rewatch and see if the quality is good? maybe it's just the time of day or whatever? or maybe the UFC just leave it there in poorer quality than what it was on the night?

...Ill answer my own question. The UFC 133 unaired prelims are still available on the UFC facebook page, you can just reload the whole stream. The quality isn't great though, im looking at 'Best Available' but it's still pretty poor.

Could someone else log in and rewatch and see if the quality is good? maybe it's just the time of day or whatever? or maybe the UFC just leave it there in poorer quality than what it was on the night?

Think it might just be your internet connection that's poor mate. I just checked it there and (other than the usual patchy 20-30 seconds in the beginning for it to work out your connection) it was perfect near HD quality as usual for me.

• Paid Members
Think it might just be your internet connection that's poor mate. I just checked it there and (other than the usual patchy 20-30 seconds in the beginning for it to work out your connection) it was perfect near HD quality as usual for me.

cool, good news :)

• Paid Members

anyone else get the feeling that Dan Hardy isn't going to get into the toe-to-toe battle that everyone's hoping for? Hardy's in a must-win position and i think his training in America has been to get him prepared to go down a grind-it out style win. I might be totally wrong, but i just feel like Hardy's need to win might bring something out of the ordinary out of him.

anyone else get the feeling that Dan Hardy isn't going to get into the toe-to-toe battle that everyone's hoping for? Hardy's in a must-win position and i think his training in America has been to get him prepared to go down a grind-it out style win. I might be totally wrong, but i just feel like Hardy's need to win might bring something out of the ordinary out of him.

I hope so

This is a fight where I dont care if the fight is boring. I just want Hardy to win to save his job. My opinion is subjective.

I have confidence Hardy will win though, Lytle is aging and slowing down, as I have stated before Lytle has some underated submissions Hardy should be weary of, but standing I have a lot of confidence that Hardy will have the edge, even though he stuggled against Johnson. Condit I felt was split second timing when he got knocked out, could have gone either way.

Quite a nice little card stored away on Sunday night, will download it after staying up for Summerslam when I rise from the dead on Monday afternoon :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
I have confidence Hardy will win though, Lytle is aging and slowing down, as I have stated before Lytle has some underated submissions Hardy should be weary of, but standing I have a lot of confidence that Hardy will have the edge

I agree that Hardy is probably the more technical striker but I don't think Lytle is slowing down yet to be honest. Before the loss to Ebersole he was riding a 4 fight win streak. The Ebersole fight was a last minute change of opponent and Lytle was coming off knee surgery just 4 weeks before the fight. Under them circumstances it wasn't that bad of a performance.

If this one stays standing I think Hardy could possibly outpoint Lytle, but I'd agree I think one/both of them will try and mix it up in this one.

I'm thinking Lytle will probably win this on points in a pretty close fight.

I agree that Hardy is probably the more technical striker but I don't think Lytle is slowing down yet to be honest. Before the loss to Ebersole he was riding a 4 fight win streak. The Ebersole fight was a last minute change of opponent and Lytle was coming off knee surgery just 4 weeks before the fight. Under them circumstances it wasn't that bad of a performance.

If this one stays standing I think Hardy could possibly outpoint Lytle, but I'd agree I think one/both of them will try and mix it up in this one.

I'm thinking Lytle will probably win this on points in a pretty close fight.

I think Lytle is slowing.

His age and combined with how he looked in fights with Ebersole and Matt Brown. Brown handeld him that the first round and he is lower level guy at best. Serra was a favorable match up where he worked a pretty fool proof strategy, most of the 170 divison could have done that with Serra'a diminative structure.

Ebersole was underated though and I didnt know about the knee injury, that said I still think Lytle is a aging fighter who will show his age on Sunday night. Hardy by winning every round for me.

Archived