UFC on Versus #5: 'Hardy vs Lytle' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

ahhh nice, i didn't realise it was Summerslam sunday. Im at a festival sunday and off work monday, monday will consist of Summerslam, Fight Night and Strikeforce Challengers, i fucking loves it!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I think Lytle is slowing.

His age and combined with how he looked in fights with Ebersole and Matt Brown. Brown handeld him that the first round and he is lower level guy at best. Serra was a favorable match up where he worked a pretty fool proof strategy, most of the 170 divison could have done that with Serra'a diminative structure.

Ebersole was underated though and I didnt know about the knee injury, that said I still think Lytle is a aging fighter who will show his age on Sunday night. Hardy by winning every round for me.

Lytle is also considering retirement too, win lose or draw, he wants to go into politics. I have Hardy winning this.

Good points there.

On Lytle/Serra 2 though, I don't feel it was so much a favourable match for Lytle. If Serra would've fought to his strengths he'd have probably had a decent chance of winning that fight, he pretty much eliminated his chances by deciding to just try and stand and throw punches.

As much as I like Hardy I've never really been sold on him to be honest. He's fun to watch, he's got good striking and he's tough but his grappling is lacking and I don't think he's the powerful striker he's sometimes made out to be. Good technique but not the big hitter he's billed as.

And Lytle has never been truly finished in 50 odd fights. He's only ever been stopped on cuts. I'd be surprised if Hardy is the first to finish him but I could see him maybe winning on points if Lytle decides just to stand.

Guess we'll see what happens Sunday, I just hope it's a good fight.

• Paid Members

The prelims will be on Facebook as usual :)

For the people asking about why this show isn't on any listings. I've just seen this quote from Gareth A Davies on Twitter

GarethBOXUFC Gareth A Davies

Ufc hardy v lytle this weekend on tv - stayed tuned for where it can be seen - announcement coming

14 hours ago

what's this about then? From that it sounds like it's gonna be on another channel, not ESPN. Anyone heard anything?

I checked the TV guide app on my iPhone earlier and it says TBA from 2am til 5am. Gareth Davies tweeted earlier in the week that he'll have some news on where the show can be viewed. Assuming ESPN doesn't show it, it'll probably be on the UFC website like the recent prelims

Archived