UFC on Versus #5: 'Hardy vs Lytle' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

i aint really piped in on this because i was away over the weekend but a few quick things...

* Great night for the WEC guys, Cerrone & Henderson smashed through two of the UFC's best. I'd rate Ben Henderson alongside anyone's as the best of the year, what a fucking performance. You only have to take into consideration on how highly regarded Jim Miller was before the fight, he was seen as the legit. no.3 guy and Henerson destroyed him. Amazing.

Cowboy Cerrone has been great for ages but i think alot of people were harsh on him after the Rocha fight. He walked through Oliveira. I think Charles needs to think about dropping to 145.

* Dan Hardy isn't cut. I think he should be but i won't complain because i enjoy his persona and i like watching him fight. Still, its very apparent that he's fighting above his level. I said it before that Hardy's persona is like a double edged sword because it got him to where he is (he never deserved a title shot with GSP) but it's also led him to being thrust into fights that weren't good for him. I'd like to see him maybe take a few fights outside of the UFC (hello BAMMA) but they are keeping him around. As for Lytle, i couldn't think of a better way to go out. A true octagon legend.

* Nice to see Bang Ludwig get another win :) ive been a fan of Bang's ever since his classic fight with Genki Sudo at UFC 42 (i think people forget how long Bang's been fighting in the UFC on and off) but this was a good win. Gotta love Sadollah's guts but he was outclassed by a far superior striker.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caught this on Premier Sports, Monday night. Thought I wouldn't be able to see it, brilliant they gave away as freeview!

Enjoyed it overall, but hated seeing Hardy lose :( Watching him against Lytle makes you wonder how he got the tilt against GSP, looked so one dimensional. When did something different - takedown, it was to his detriment. Shame :( I agree with Ebb, be good to see him in BAMMA and work his way back. Lytle outclassed Hardy.

Aside from the main event Cerrone & Henderson looked very impressive. I rate them both highly since seeing so much of them in the WEC cards featured on Extreme Sports.

Archived