UFC on Versus #5: 'Hardy vs Lytle' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

One of e reasons I got ESPN was to watch not only the UFC but the UFC in HD, now I'm being screwed out of that option. I know it's a minor jiggle to some people, but if I'm paying for a service I expect to get it.

One of e reasons I got ESPN was to watch not only the UFC but the UFC in HD, now I'm being screwed out of that option. I know it's a minor jiggle to some people, but if I'm paying for a service I expect to get it.

I assume you signed up a while back, if that's the case then you are still getting what you signed up to pay for at the time. You are getting the UFC PPV's and the Spike TV special events. Just because the UFC has added new types of events to it's calender doesn't mean that ESPN have to pay out the extra cash to purchase rights to the new events.

I agree it's annoying, but we don't really know how much UFC are charging ESPN to show the versus shows/prelims and it might be such an amount that it doesn't make financial sense to them

• Paid Members
What type of TV do you have? Do you have a laptop with an HDMI output? If you an HDMI output on your laptop with an HDMI input on your TV, should be able to watch it on the big screen no problems. Even a VGA output/input would do the job as i'm sure the quality from UFC.TV will be good enough for a big screen.

Yeah I used to do that for the DREAM/Dynamite shows but my laptop's knackered since so I've only got the PC upstairs now :(

yeh its being shown live on channel 433.

you have to give props to the UFC, they do their best for the fans. They could easily have let this thing just stream over the website but they've actually gone out and secured a tv slot, which is free for everyone! fair play to em.

Yeah this is great news. They do always make the effort, they did similar with UFC 100 even ending up showing it free on RacingUK or whatever it was called.

It's weird that UFC keep getting themselves in this position. They did it with UFC100 where most of the rational options were ignored and they set up their own channel for the night. I ESPN and UFC can come to a deal on the additional programming - having live exclusivity is the only reason I subscribe to them.

• Paid Members

Chris Lytle has announced that tonight will be his last fight :(

end of an era for me, when i first started watching MMA the first show that really got my interest was UFC 40, but the first i watched live was UFC 45, and the first fight of the night was Lawler/Lytle. I'd become familiar with Robbie Lawler before the show and fully expected him to smash Chris Lytle, he didn't and ended up being a hell of a scrap. Lytle's been around ever since and has had earned more fight bonuses than anyone (he would have even more if fight bonuses existed back in the day). Ironically it's probably the fight bonuses that's led Lytle to retiring a little earlier than some would expect, Lytle's earned a lot of money in the UFC and he see's this as a perfect time to get out with his faculties still in tact.

The Hall of Fame is pretty prestigious in the UFC and the only inductee's so far are pretty much legendary title holders and pioneers, in my opinion Chris Lytle should be inducted, argubaly the most exciting fighter in the companies history.

It also leads me to believe that tonight's fight could be a classic, i can't see Lytle not going out in a blaze of glory, i was worried that someone might stray away from the script and try play it safe, not anymore!

Yeah I agree he should be in the hall of fame the guy has been exciting crowds for ever. Comes across as a very nice guy and lots of fighters have that opinion aswell as far as interviews have shown. Definitely makes tonight's fight more exciting as he is going to bring it to Hardy on another level now. I still see Hardy winning this one though

Archived