Strangest Crowd Reactions.

CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members
He does rather get an insane pop for somebody that is supposed to be a despicable heel in the storyline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...YgcXKmqs#t=101s

I love that you've got Jim Ross giving it "DDP is a SICKO!!!" whilst the crowd are clearly going bananas for him!

It's depressing how horribly DDP's introduction was booked. Such a waste.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Its incredible to believe WCW only toured Canada once during their big money years, and that was for a Nitro and Thunder taping.

Don't forget Mayhem mate. At least they catered to the Canadian audience there with the Hart/Benoit final.

• Paid Members

It was already off the cliff by then though. If they'd have toured Canada in mid-98 it would have been something special. They also toured Canada in 2000 as well for New Blood Rising, and the fan reaction was great there as well. You know when a crowd is great when they stay hot for one of the worst wrestling events in history. Canadian fans are great though. TNA should do a taping there. Actually TNA should just fuck the US off and promote exclusively in the UK and Canada. Never going to happen obviously, but imagine how hot the crowds would be?

The WWE are to blame for some of the strange crowd reactions. I go to quite a few WWE events and the music during the entrances on the TV drowns out most of the noise the crowd is making. For example, during the Rock's entrance at this years Wrestlemania the crowd were pretty loud but when I watched it back on TV it seemed like the crowd were sitting in silence and you could only hear his music.

• Moderators
Don't forget Mayhem mate. At least they catered to the Canadian audience there with the Hart/Benoit final.

The crowd in Toronto for that Nitro in April '99 was off the charts. They loved them some Hollywood Hogan. Awesome reactions all night.

Archived