Advice and a quick question.

Mr M A Chappell

• Paid Members
Before further allegations are chucked my way I would like to say I have too much going on with my own show to even do any sabotage even if I wanted to, not my style at all and if anyone else is doing so it has nowt to do with me. Even after my ranty reply I have continued to offer advice

I don't think anyone's taking their "sabotage" claims seriously to be honest.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Training facilities and set-up are completely irrelevant if the trainers are sub-par.

You could replicate the FCW set-up with rings, a gym, mats, crash-mats, promo studio etc... but if you put someone who sucks in charge then the training will be bad.

A judo floor and one crash mat (for learning the harder bumps as a beginner) is all that's needed to learn the basics. With a good trainer, that's enough to start with. Once people get closer to being ready, get them in a ring and polish them up. As far as I am concerned, you don't earn the right to start pissing about in a wrestling ring until you can put on a solid match just through mat wrestling and simple exchanges. You should have to earn the right to get to the advanced stuff.

I'd sooner learn to wrestle on a patch of grass in a park with Dino Scarlo or Robby Brookside that in a state of the art training centre run by some half-trained shitarse.

I'm not going to take a 60-mile round trip to see a crash mat.

We know who the trainers are, we know their facilities and training methods from photos. See it in person isn't going to change that; that's the beauty of the Internet.

It just came across as if it was local to where you live.

• Paid Members
It just came across as if it was local to where you live.

Not to where I live now. I grew up in Darlington, and my girlfriend's from Newton Aycliffe, so I'm there regularly when visiting family. But I moved to Newcastle for work when I was 18.

Training facilities and set-up are completely irrelevant if the trainers are sub-par.

You could replicate the FCW set-up with rings, a gym, mats, crash-mats, promo studio etc... but if you put someone who sucks in charge then the training will be bad.

A judo floor and one crash mat (for learning the harder bumps as a beginner) is all that's needed to learn the basics. With a good trainer, that's enough to start with. Once people get closer to being ready, get them in a ring and polish them up. As far as I am concerned, you don't earn the right to start pissing about in a wrestling ring until you can put on a solid match just through mat wrestling and simple exchanges. You should have to earn the right to get to the advanced stuff.

I'd sooner learn to wrestle on a patch of grass in a park with Dino Scarlo or Robby Brookside that in a state of the art training centre run by some half-trained shitarse.

Quoted simply for the utter brilliance of the quote. Post of the day for me that.

• Paid Members

Ravenhill is right. If you are serious about being a promoter, and not some billy no-mark shitarse who wants to play Raw, then get in with an already established promotion. Start by offering to help up with shitty jobs such as packing/unpacking the ring, setting it up, postering & flyering (are they real words? My spell check doesn't believe so), sorting out the music- all this will give you a basis of knowledge of what it takes to run a show. And this is only scratching the surface. This is the best way to break into the business and also gain a respected reputation.

Another tip, don't be part of the shows. This isn't Monday Night Raw, you don't need authority characters unless you have a tv show or will have the same fanbase seeing your product on a regular basis, which is highly unlikely in the British industry.

A tip regarding the Internet- stay away from it. Apart from perhaps a post on the UK Events section to make everyone aware of upcoming shows, leave it alone. You have really done yourself no favours on here. You don't see Brian Dixon on here saying the shit you've said, do you? As Mark Sloan suggested, a lot of people who post and read on here are significant figures within the UK wrestling industry. I'd wager many promoters in this country have already formed a low opinion of you due to the way you have conducted yourself on here. And asking the UKFF for 'advice' is never the best way to start.

And look for something constructive in any criticism you receive, and take it on the chin (or with a pinch of salt with some). You need thick skin to run a wrestling promotion over here, especially if you're going to advertise on here. Try to learn something from any criticism given.

None of this is me having a go, I just think you need to take a step back and consider what it takes to be involved in the British wrestling industry. Good luck to you, I hope the feedback on here gives you something to think about.

Pinfall Entertainment

Whats going on is thats us throwing the towel in and till some good financial backing comes along or when i get away with murder pinfall will no longer be trading

A win for us and for sanity. Remember this day fellow "keyboard warriors" :laugh:

And Hitman scoffed at me when I said various Wrestlers were in the process of outing shitarsery. Brilliant work by Iceman.

And I'm glad this isn't going ahead under the present circumstances anymore.

Pinfall Entertainment

Whats going on is thats us throwing the towel in and till some good financial backing comes along or when i get away with murder pinfall will no longer be trading

I don't understand the part in bold. If I wanted to start my own wrestling promotion I'd get a job, save every penny I could and then blow it all on trying to make it work, I see a lot of these clueless wannabe promoters talking about "sponsorship" and "financial backing" and I'm left wondering why everybody wants to try and do everything the lazy way. If aspiring promoters spent more time working on their product and less time mouthing off on the internet perhaps Britwres wouldn't be in the state it's in.

Archived