TNA Destination X Discussion Thread *NO unaired spoilers!*

David

Destination_X_logo.jpg

Brian Kendrick vs Abyss (X-Division title match)

Christopher Daniels vs AJ Styles

Rob Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn

Samoa Joe vs Kazarian

This has the makings of a great PPV, even if the title match will likely be the drizzling shits. I'm particularly looking forward to the RVD vs Jerry Lynn match.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to watching this, as like you say, it could be a cracker of a show. It'll be interesting to see if RVD and Lynn can still go and replicate the levels of their matches from ECW. I think they'll both know that the match will be scrutinised and a lot of fans will be hoping they can match or better the matches from a dozen years ago or so. To be completely honest though, I expect this to be RVD's best match in a TNA ring.

For that reason, I'm sort of glad TNA decided to not give us AJ/Joe/Daniels 3 since I can't help but think that it might not live up to expectation. I saw some criticism of that move last night during Impact but I'm happy with the two matches we get out of it.

fully looking forward to this ppv.

im rather happy as it was roh last weekend and then tna this weekend

2 weeks of brilliant wrestling i must be living in the 90's

cannot wait for rvd vs jerry lynn

styles vs daniels is always a rather sexy pairing in a tna ring so looking forward to that

would like for kendrick to win the strap as i have been a fan of his work for about 5 years now

also as a side note why do they not get paul london in tna put back together london and kendrick and have l&k vs mcmg and l&k vs beer money :) tasty

Should be a decent PPV. Does anyone know if Hard Justice will be Hardcore Justice again this year?

yes

250px-Hard_Justice_2011_Poster.jpg

i'm looking forward to the Destination X, the buy rate will be interesting but u cant really argue with whats on offer (apart from abyss)

Surely Kendrick has to win the X Division Title here?

Looking forward to the ppv fo sho. A ppv to re-ignite the X-Division with the mental Kendrick at the head as champion.

I think no matter who else is in the "win a contract match" Austin Aries will win! (I can talk about that right? Just not who else is in the match...)

i'm looking forward to the Destination X, the buy rate will be interesting but u cant really argue with whats on offer (apart from abyss)

No it won't.

TNA could put together the best wrestling PPV possible (and they put out some real good ones a few years back) and it won't change what they get buyrate-wise.

This should be a great little PPV and the card looks really good so far. Could've done without Abyss on an X-Division show but we're getting RVD-Lynn so can't complain. I'm glad they've followed through on that match too after it was cancelled due to Lynn's injury last year. He deserves a last hurrah before he hangs up the boots and maybe this will be it.

No it won't.

TNA could put together the best wrestling PPV possible (and they put out some real good ones a few years back) and it won't change what they get buyrate-wise.

wasnt hardcore justice(ecw renioun) higher than usual becuase it was different than what TNA usually promote

I quite approve of this PPV, in terms of having an X Division only PPV.

Not so sure about bringing back the 6 sided ring though.

I'm guessing there'll be a few other matches with guys like Senshi etc?

Also... is it just me or has this PPV not been promoted at all on Impact? I don't seem to remember them pushing a X div only angle :unsure:

I quite approve of this PPV, in terms of having an X Division only PPV.

Not so sure about bringing back the 6 sided ring though.

I'm guessing there'll be a few other matches with guys like Senshi etc?

Also... is it just me or has this PPV not been promoted at all on Impact? I don't seem to remember them pushing a X div only angle :unsure:

They started doing angles on the Impact that aired here on Tues. AJ/Daniels, Joe/Kaz and RVD/Lynn.

It started around the time Foley was revealed as the Network executive. Kendrick and other jobbers were kicking off at Bischoff that the X-Division is overlooked, so Foley announced this PPV as being an X-Division PPV or something.

I echo statements about the 6 sided ring, but it'll be interesting how it looks in the new Impact Zone, providing they keep the blue colour scheme that is.

Archived