TNA Destination X Discussion Thread *NO unaired spoilers!*

David

• Paid Members

Haskins needs to start sticking needles in his arse then.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

First TNA PPV I've watched in about 4 years.

Good opener from Joe/Kaz

Anybody hear either Shark Boy/Young say "Well that was the shits" after going through the door?

Rvd and Lynn was shit.

Ultimate X was decent but the finish was kind of a anti climax.

4 way was awesome i thought.

Skipped the main event.

Kendrick is shit also

Who the fucks the women with the Scream mask face? She is fucking gopping.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Four way was really good in my eyes, if a little too long. I think Jack Evans is brilliant, and the other three were really good too. Wasn't expecting much from Shiima, but he held up his end of the bargain. I liked the opener too, but besides that I wasn't too moved either way on the rest of the show. I don't like Daniels so I skipped the main event. RVD vs. Lynn had some real nice stuff in, but it was also messy for the first part.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Austin Aries and Low-Ki looked like absolute megastars. Chuffed to see Aries on TV again, I don't watch indies anymore so I haven't seen him in a while. As someone else said, Low-Ki has come on leaps and bounds since WWE and I hope he gets signed up soon.

I was pleasantly surprised with Kazarian vs. Joe too. Joe actually looked like he cared which is a nice change.

• 3 weeks later...
having chemistry with one guy, especially a guy you've wrestled on a regular basis, and with whom such a match is nothing new, doesn't make you a good wrestler.

Do you admit this match was a great outing though? Assuming you've watched it that is. I know you're not a big fan of Daniels like.

how can you call it a "fashion" when everybody who's criticised Daniels on here has given you specific and demonstrable reasons?

A lot of it just seemed like bandwagon jumping to me though, the usual

• Paid Members

i watched the show in about 4 different sessions, i enjoyed it though. The 4 way was tremendous. Jack Evans will always have his haters but i fucking love that shit, the dropkick into a moonsault pin blew my mind.

• Paid Members
Do you admit this match was a great outing though? Assuming you've watched it that is. I know you're not a big fan of Daniels like.

Even if Carbomb didnt watch it, he's still right in his opinion. Coming from someone who did watch it, it was the same match they always do. It gets to that point of what is a good match? If CM Punk and John Cena redo the whole match from MITB, down to the finish, everyone would go "eh?!" These two had the same match they ALWAYS have. The same on they had in 2003, the same one they had in 2006 and the same one they'll do in 2015. Daniels and Styles had their match. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesnt make it a great match. Just like RVD and Jerry Lynn had their match. Both were nostalgia based and each spot was from back when each set of wrestlers were feuding years ago just to make the fans go "remember when TNA was good, when it was in a barn and Elix Skipper had 20 minute matches before the LOD and Dusty Rhodes cleaned house."

The fans were shit as well. Absolute worst kind of fans imaginable.

A lot of it just seemed like bandwagon jumping to me though, the usual “he just does moves and doesn’t sell and doesn’t do facial expressions” or “he looks liked a computer game” etc. I simply don’t believe it. This match is a great example of him wrestling a mainstream North American main event style. I enjoyed it anyways.

Richie, you just said you havent watched wrestling in the United States since January, so if Daniels is such a bastion of wrestling talent, why arent the easily pleased like yourself watching Impact everyweek for the latest bout of no selling and seal clapping bollocks?

To be honest, I agree with Richie. I really liked the Daniels/AJ match. I felt they went for a different story this time - their normal arsenal of moves didn't work on each other as they both had them scouted, leading to whole new sequences. Daniels' growing frustration teased a heel turn, but in the end it was clean.

Credit where it's due, they had a good match.

Jack Evans was fucking foul though, his style is an abomination and he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a fed that cares about the overall quality of its output.

Coming from someone who did watch it, it was the same match they always do. It gets to that point of what is a good match? If CM Punk and John Cena redo the whole match from MITB, down to the finish, everyone would go "eh?!" These two had the same match they ALWAYS have. The same on they had in 2003, the same one they had in 2006 and the same one they'll do in 2015.

I simply do not agree. For me it had a very different atmosphere to all of their previous encounters. That they were saying it could be the final contest between the two (atleast the final one in that slot of a PPV) added another dimension to it. They used a lot more submissions and mat work than they usually do. They added a lot of

• Paid Members
I simply do not agree. For me it had a very different atmosphere to all of their previous encounters. That they were saying it could be the final contest between the two (atleast the final one in that slot of a PPV) added another dimension to it. They used a lot more submissions and mat work than they usually do. They added a lot of “scouting” and avoiding of each others moves and handshakes etc that gave it a different feel.

It gave it a one-off, nostalgia feel. Which is what it was. It was how it was built. I'm not asking you to agree. I'm just giving you another perspective on your "jumping on the bandwaggon" analogy.

As far as “down to the finish” goes, when did their last one on one encounter end with the Spiral Tap maneuver and not some kind of Super Styles Clash or Super Angels’ Wings?

I've seem matches between then where they end it with a Spiral Tap before. Its not always the same finish, but that match wasnt much different from the other matches they've had before. And due to the fact there was no storyline involved, it was on a novelty X Division PPV and took place in a nostalgia wrestling ring, it was obvious it was a showcase from the past. Not much different to Raven vs Tommy Dreamer getting their shit in a year before.

Mate, if I was that easily pleased I’ still be swallowing up what WWE put out rather than looking further afield to satisfy my intense cravings for professional wrestling.

And your cravings are so intense you've been turned onto wrestling again by watching Chris Daniels and AJ Styles and RVD and Jerry Lynn? Your not exactly getting anything new from them are you?

Agree to disagree on that. I well prefer fans that cheer, make noise and chant rather than ones that are so silent they are artificially added afterwards and edited out from DVD’s because the Boo the intended heroes. That’s just me though like.

And what wresting event do you watch that involves people sitting on their hands and in silence? None on Raw or on WWE PPV recently. In fact, TNA heavily edits their audience, because the people in that studio are such cunts. And at least when your being a knob at wrestling events, Richie, you at least pay to get in.

I didn't think AJ/Daniels was bad as such just really dull. I think the lack of story didn't help this and shows the importance of a story. They were doing their usual stuff really, bar the odd change but that would have been fine if i'd cared why they were doing it. It was just like an exhibition, an exhibition of two people i've already seen exhibitions of. The four way was good stuff though.

I can't agree that it's the same match Daniels and Styles have always done. If it were, I'd probably have enjoyed it. They can usually work so well together that everything just clicks. This time they appeared to be just hitting a lot of moves without giving a fuck about building a match. At times I was thinking they might actually be deliberately having a shit match, such was how weird I was finding it. It was everything that is bad about Christopher Daniels.

Archived