TNA Destination X Discussion Thread *NO unaired spoilers!*

David

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a very good showing from him to be honest!!

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I thought so too. I'm going to go and say the booing was because they were hoping for some past X-Divison star not a debuting youngster. Very good match!

It was a very good showing from him to be honest!!

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Very good although the live crowd kinda ruined it plus he did slip-up twice but still looked very good.

Also is it just me but is a match with doug a real mismatch of styles

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Spoilers!

Fixed sorry.

I thought it was a decent match. He looked nervous in the ring, and the pressure of being on PPV doesn't aid that. As said, the fans were probably expecting a former star like Petey Williams or someone like Paul London. Problem may have been the ring as well, since it would take a while to get your bearings with the angles and whatnot. I think he did well though.

ive just finished the ultiamte x match and so far so good with the ppv

but i detest Robbie e and that fucking annoying cunt cookie and all they stand for

couple of notes so far

im changing Samoa joe's name to Samoa jober

and why wont tna push amazing red when the whole impact zone were chanting go red go

sigh *

Destination X was a mixed bag for me, I enjoyed the show but I strongly believe that the six sided ring was detrimental to almost every match.

Kazarian Vs. Samoa Joe was a good opener and the crowd were strongly behind Joe. I'm not sure what the deal is with Joe's losing streak.

Douglas Williams Vs. Mark Haskins was a disappointment, the match itself was okay but Haskins didn't really get the opportunity to do anything and considering how much fawning Borash was doing I was expecting to be blown away. I've never seen Haskins before but it looked to me as though Williams was simply the wrong kind of opponent for him.

Generation Me Vs. Eric Young & Shark Boy... I can't stand Shark Boy so I just skipped to the end of this one. Eric looked good during the highlight package, but Shark Boy can fuck off.

Robbie E Vs. Alex Shelley Vs. Amazing Red Vs. Shannon Moore was decent for what it was, I enjoyed it but nothing particularly memorable happened.

Rob Van Dam Vs. Jerry Lynn essentially involved Rob doing all of his usual spots in a lazy way then eventually winning. That ridiculous bump he took onto the fucking chair though... Christ! I wouldn't wish an injury on many wrestlers but I kinda hope that Rob picked up an injury from that spot, I don't like the guy and it rarely ever looks like he's putting in any real effort. Has anyone else noticed RVD's tendency to move around a lot without actually doing anything? When he goes through his spots he makes a lot of noise on the canvas even though he's not actually doing all that much.

Austin Aries Vs. Jack Evans Vs. Low Ki Vs. Zema Ion was really, really good. I was kinda surprised to see this match take place so late on the card considering all of the participants are technically unsigned yet were higher on the card than Rob Van Dam. Anyway, the match was great fun and I enjoyed being unsure about who was going to win, my only criticism is directed at the annoying woman or child who was screaming "Jack" repeatedly throughout the match. The "sign them all" was nice too, I don't usually agree with the Impact Zone mutants but it was tough to disagree with them on this occasion.

Brian Kendrick Vs. Abyss wasn't great, but the result made up for it. Kendrick is awesome.

Daniels Vs. AJ Styles was a match that I had no real interest in from the moment it was announced, I watched a little bit of it but just ended up skipping to the end to watch the result and the post-match highlight package.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Bit underwhelming, I thought.

The highlight was the Four Way. As expected, Austin Aries looked like the bollocks. Him constantly taking the piss out of the flippy floppers by putting the boots in raised a smile.

I don't mind Jack Evans, but I really hope he doesn't get signed. His Mother/Rat/Mutant in the daisy dukes constantly shouting "JACK! JACK! JACK!" in that annoying high pitched voice nearly ruined the match. Can't be arsed with that thing turning up at every Impact Zone taping to chant that.

I was well chuffed when Steiner and Bully Ray showed up. Abyss v Kendrick was going nowhere.

AJ Styles v Daniels suffered from the crowd being burnt out. Shame as the match was not bad.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Don't think the fans would have been into Daniels/Styles anyways. It was a heatless exhibition with absoutely no emotion whatsoever. Infact, I'd go as far as to say it was shit.

The four way was fantastic, and Lynn/RVD benefitted from not being just the usual match between the two and having Lynn as the grumpy heel and then saving the big moves for the end. Made them feel more special and for me it worked.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

OK PPV, some of it was good, some of it was meh and some of it was awful:

The Good:

- Kazarian/Joe

- Christy Hemme looking tasty

- Shark Boy

- Curry Man cameo

- Ares/Evans/LowKi/Ion (They should definitely sign all of them, Ares is a megastar, LowKi is much better after his WWE stint, Ion has a great look and Evans needs a tan and some new gear but there's no reason he can't be an asset as long as they don't overexpose him)

- Brian Kendrick getting the rub from Bischoff

- All the right people won the matches

The Meh:

- Haskins isn't ready for television and he's too skinny, but the match with Doug was fine

- Eric Young. He's a good wrestler but his comedy shtick comes across as forced and it's just not necessary.

- Ultimate X

- Christy Hemme's ring announcing. They really need to give her cards with all the info on. "And from......... .. .... AUSTIN ARES!"

The Awful:

-RVD/Jerry Lynn. An abomination of a match, just horrible. Spot spot spot, don't sell anything. Just like all of the matches they've had together

- AJ/Daniels. Again, an abomination of a match. Spot. Stall. Spot. Stall. Spot. Stall. Spot.

- The crowd. Beardy twat is back. Hideous, shrill 'girl' things. Horrible chants. I would quite happily gas them all. "EV-REE-BOD-DEE! *clap clap clapclapclap*"

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

I thought the young British lad didn't do himself any favours, but he was against it being a mystery opponent on a night where they promised the return of former X Division wrestlers. They did an FWA style angle before the match, with no reaction. Even from this crowd. The chants of "Who Is This Guy?" may have been the second worst chant of the evening as well. The match was shit as well, I thought.

• Paid Members

From the sound of things (haven't watched it yet), feeling bad for Haskins, but how anyone can say he's skinny is beyond me. Last time I saw the guy (photos of him a few months ago in DragonGate), he was fucking ripped, having spent years working on his physique - from what I know of him, the guy spends around 5-6 days a week in the gym.

Archived