TNA Destination X Discussion Thread *NO unaired spoilers!*

David

The crowd had totally died by the time the Daniels and AJ match started. I don't understand with all TNA has been through since 2005 how this can be a main event. I thought they'd made their minds up that Daniels(correctly) didn't have it. Felt like a nostalgia ppv. How many times have we seen Lynn/RVD but better or styles/daniels but better and it's not the first time they've hailed Jack Evans and kevin nash invitational winner aries. Felt it was 6 steps forward, 10 steps back.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The crowd had totally died by the time the Daniels and AJ match started. I don't understand with all TNA has been through since 2005 how this can be a main event. I thought they'd made their minds up that Daniels(correctly) didn't have it. Felt like a nostalgia ppv. How many times have we seen Lynn/RVD but better or styles/daniels but better and it's not the first time they've hailed Jack Evans and kevin nash invitational winner aries. Felt it was 6 steps forward, 10 steps back.

Not to mention that it made the X-title look completely second-rate. They bang on about how the division is "TNA's calling card" and how it's what separated TNA from the other promotions, and then they go an effectively send the message that, even on its own PPV, it's two guys who aren't in the division any more who take precedent over its champ.

I don't get why people slag off the 6-sider, though. As long as it's restricted purely to Destination X, being used to give the X-Division more of its own feel, I'm perfectly happy with it on this PPV. They really should update the colours to the new Impact Wrestling ones - 6-siders look particularly swish with lots of black, and that ice blue would make it look properly state-of-the-art.

• Paid Members

I've been following this for the last couple of days with interest, knowing Carbomb and having only seen the AJ vs Daniels match on Sunday myself. Tonight I've watched Daniels vs Claudio Castagnoli from ROH in January, which is much, much better than the TNA PPV main event. Funny.

The crowd had totally died by the time the Daniels and AJ match started.

The crowd had no reason to give a shit about Daniels and Styles though. They weren't interested at all in building the match and therefore gave the fans no chance of getting into it. They'd have been as well having D-Ray 3000 vs. Erik Watts in the main event. Would have achieved the same.

Tonight I've watched Daniels vs Claudio Castagnoli from ROH in January, which is much, much better than the TNA PPV main event. Funny.

Wasn't a fan of that match, but I did enjoy the match with Eddie Edwards from Atlanta. Then again, that was Eddie Edwards.

Archived