The Thing Mafia Game

Chris B

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

You look at each other, suspicion flashing across all your faces.

The generator whine gets louder and begins to splutter. The lights begin to flicker.

"We're only human, boys," one of you says. "We're going to need to eat and sleep. For safety's sake, I suggest we prepare our own food and only eat out of cans. We don't know what's going on."

You all warily nod. Sleep is frightening, but who can you trust to stay guard? Anyone? Maybe better for you all to sleep. Lock yourselves in your room and hide. Not think about death and blood and freezing cold.

This is your deadline reminder, chaps. 12 noon tomorrow.

• Paid Members
UNVOTE

Vote Kenny MC Bride

]The only thing to do when told someone is scum, anyway Chris How did you come to this conclusion.

I don't like this at all Swift. You've essentially jumped on a wagon for no reason, other than that another player has said "they are scum" (which, incidentally, read like a jokey way to create discussion to me). What made you so sure Chris was (a) right about Kenny? (b) not scum himself?

Not particularly. Singling people out brings as much attention to yourself as it does to the person you single out.

I don't like this reasoning either. If you're town then what does it matter how much attention you bring to yourself? Scum are the one's that need to keep off the radar aren't they?

• Paid Members
I don't like this at all Swift. You've essentially jumped on a wagon for no reason, other than that another player has said "they are scum" (which, incidentally, read like a jokey way to create discussion to me). What made you so sure Chris was (a) right about Kenny? (b) not scum himself?

I don't like this reasoning either. If you're town then what does it matter how much attention you bring to yourself? Scum are the one's that need to keep off the radar aren't they?

Because only I know I'm Town. I can still be lynched, so bringing attention to myself but saying "but I'm Town" on Day 1 isn't a viable excuse for anyone, as nobody can prove that yet.

• Paid Members

Unvote[/]

Right, time to get a bit more serious now, methinks.

Chris, why is it "blatantly obvious" that Kenny is Scum?

Swiftstrike, why have you followed Chris' lead? The tone of your posts suggests it wasn't an RVS vote, so your reasoning please?

Chris, why is it "blatantly obvious" that Kenny is Scum?

It's not, the only way i could know that for sure would be either i was scum with him or i have a power role with some form of day investigation - both very unlikely. I was to begin with fishing from some sort of reaction, i thought it would likely have came from Kenny rather than somebody else. The 'its blatently obvious' was actually a 'its blatently obvious its a reaction fish'.

The reason i find the response to be scummy is down to the fact i really can't think of a situation in an 11 player game where on day 1 somebody would be able to tell you, without any uncertainty 'player x is scum'.

• Paid Members
It's not, the only way i could know that for sure would be either i was scum with him or i have a power role with some form of day investigation - both very unlikely. I was to begin with fishing from some sort of reaction, i thought it would likely have came from Kenny rather than somebody else. The 'its blatently obvious' was actually a 'its blatently obvious its a reaction fish'.

The reason i find the response to be scummy is down to the fact i really can't think of a situation in an 11 player game where on day 1 somebody would be able to tell you, without any uncertainty 'player x is scum'.

Ahhh, right. I need to pay more attention.

• Paid Members

It was a vote that put Kenny on 2 votes given that he had no other votes for him I wanted to see what the reaction would be from getting an additional vote on him, this was immediately lost at the point of Chris switching his vote to me. So it was a vote not for the matter of believing that Chris could have had any result or be right about him being scum it was merely to apply pressure and see what reactions could be gained.

Unvote

Vote Carbomb

• Paid Members
It was a vote that put Kenny on 2 votes given that he had no other votes for him I wanted to see what the reaction would be from getting an additional vote on him, this was immediately lost at the point of Chris switching his vote to me. So it was a vote not for the matter of believing that Chris could have had any result or be right about him being scum it was merely to apply pressure and see what reactions could be gained.

Unvote

Vote Carbomb

I'm not sure what sort of reaction you were expecting to get from me, swiftstrike, especially now that you've made it clear what your intention is.

The only response I can give to that vote is the obvious one: OMGUS.

• Paid Members
Because only I know I'm Town. I can still be lynched, so bringing attention to myself but saying "but I'm Town" on Day 1 isn't a viable excuse for anyone, as nobody can prove that yet.

That's no excuse for actively trying to stay off the radar though. The more attention you bring to yourself the easier you are to read and the easier it is to rule you out and concentrate on finding the real scum. Trying to avoid attention and scum hunting just makes you look scummy.

Besides, if you are town, you don't know that scum won't decide to kill you in the night phase so, really, what do you have to lose?

Unvote

Vote Carbomb

What reaction could Kenny give though, Swift? It's not like there was a case to respond to or anything he had to defend.

Just to note: I'll be V/LA for pretty much all of tomorrow.

We're suffering from some inactivity here - I don't like the idea of a no lynch, SMS and i don't like it being suggested, although i don't know that we have a solid lynch target.

Swift - He was only ever going to respond in a similar way to that in which i did, the only thing I don't get the feeling you were reaction fishing from is questioning my vote in the same post, if you knew it was bullshit, as it was and thus were just using it to reaction-fish you'd not ask questions, you'd end up exposing it that way. Reaction fish response (in my mind) would be something like this:

'Absolutely agree, Kenny is scum we should lynch him'

I mean, i can't just magically draw good reasoning from thin air like i can an accusation and so asking for the reasons, only exposes what i was doing.

We're suffering from some inactivity here - I don't like the idea of a no lynch, SMS and i don't like it being suggested, although i don't know that we have a solid lynch target.

Swift - He was only ever going to respond in a similar way to that in which i did, the only thing I don't get the feeling you were reaction fishing from is questioning my vote in the same post, if you knew it was bullshit, as it was and thus were just using it to reaction-fish you'd not ask questions, you'd end up exposing it that way. Reaction fish response (in my mind) would be something like this:

'Absolutely agree, Kenny is scum we should lynch him'

I mean, i can't just magically draw good reasoning from thin air like i can an accusation and so asking for the reasons, only exposes what i was doing.

With the deadline approaching, I was just listing our options, so it was just to get people to discuss the options.

I agree with you, but I would vote no lynch if enough people agreed, purely because I have a strange feeling about the way this game may be set up and I would hate for us to rush in and make a huge mistake which could cost us the game in the end.

I also don't get a strong enough read, vibe, feeling etc. from anyone to lynch them just yet, so I will unvote my random vote now, then look through everything and post my thoughts in the morning as I am busy tonight.

Can everyone else please remove your random votes, or stick them on who you wish to lynch today, so we can at least narrow it down to our main suspects.

Also please make sure you vote, no matter who for or if it is a no lynch, as soon as possible if you are not able to post again before the deadline.

Unvote: Triple A

UNVOTE

VOTE: Swiftstrike

I'm concerned by the vote on me. I didn't think Chris' vote on me was anything. It was looking for a reaction. Swift was the only one who reacted and it was with a pretty bald wagon jump. I'm not having that.

Archived