• Last Reply
  • Paid Members
We should just kill the dog.

Unvote: Unfitfinlay

Vote: Dog

Cruelty to animals? You bastard.

Unvote

Vote: SMS

in the movie the Thing is a shape shifting alien, it would kill you and taste you so it could pretend to be you, mearly as a vehicle to get to its next meal.

erm other monsters in similar vein, the monster in "Slither" and the T1000 in Terminator 2.

can we get it before it eats me,

I donts wants to die.

Some of us are scum. How's that? :)

Some of 'us' as opposed to some of 'you'?

as for the flavour with that being the case we may well be looking at a cult, perhaps the flavour of the scream was infact someone being recruited. Though that's reading into this more than we likely should in day 1.

Yup.

It's a small thing but I've never been a fan of saying "I'm not scum" like that. Feels too much like telling people not to suspect me. *I* know I'm town but, until I either flip or am confirmed by a Cop, then I absolutely should be a suspect, same as everybody else.

I agree with Triple A about the "one scum" thing. It might fit the flavour but Chris has obviously put a lot of effort into this game and I'm not sure that he'd set up in way where it could potentially end by lynching correctly on day one.

1) Fair enough point.

2) I'd suggest if we were working with a cult style mafia situation that they did start with one member and that they had a recruit in the flavour text of the scream - it works with the flavour and gives 2 scum going into night 1.

I just used myself as an example, as to not single anyone out.

Why would you use yourself as an example when you could single someone out? At this stage shouldn't you be looking for reactions to what you type?

• Paid Members
Why would you use yourself as an example when you could single someone out? At this stage shouldn't you be looking for reactions to what you type?

Not particularly. Singling people out brings as much attention to yourself as it does to the person you single out. At the stage in the game where people throw votes about all willy nilly, I didn't want to give people an excuse.

Not particularly. Singling people out brings as much attention to yourself as it does to the person you single out. At the stage in the game where people throw votes about all willy nilly, I didn't want to give people an excuse.

You shouldn't be scared to bring suspicion upon yourself, or other people. As you say votes are cast willy nilly and mean nothing anyway right?

• Paid Members
You shouldn't be scared to bring suspicion upon yourself, or other people. As you say votes are cast willy nilly and mean nothing anyway right?

They're thrown about randomly, but votes are still votes. We all know what starts as one vote, suddenly snowballs from a load of "random" votes and suddenly we're a town member down.

They're thrown about randomly, but votes are still votes. We all know what starts as one vote, suddenly snowballs from a load of "random" votes and suddenly we're a town member down.

That is a good point, I actually dislike RVS for that reason and in general dislike Day 1 because arguments are usually weak - what else would you suggest though?

• Paid Members
That is a good point, I actually dislike RVS for that reason and in general dislike Day 1 because arguments are usually weak - what else would you suggest though?

Well that's the problem. I don't have any other suggestions. My only thought was to not accidently get some townie lynched by using him as an example.

• Paid Members
Well that's the problem. I don't have any other suggestions. My only thought was to not accidently get some townie lynched by using him as an example.

I don't think there's much danger of that at the moment, really. I know what you're saying, but I can't say I've ever seen an RVS which got people lynched off its own back - usually somebody posts something blatant or random to act as a catalyst, like Lawz giving away his Scum name or Snake/Teedy deliberately kickstarting proceedings with random posts, or like your post in (I think) Nexus' Mafia game.

I don't think there's much danger of that at the moment, really. I know what you're saying, but I can't say I've ever seen an RVS which got people lynched off its own back - usually somebody posts something blatant or random to act as a catalyst, like Lawz giving away his Scum name or Snake/Teedy deliberately kickstarting proceedings with random posts, or like your post in (I think) Nexus' Mafia game.

These are all good points - start posting people, witholding posts is not pro-town.

• Paid Members

It's been really quiet today, yet for the first time in ages, I have enough time at work to post in a game thread. Bloody typical.

It's been really quiet today, yet for the first time in ages, I have enough time at work to post in a game thread. Bloody typical.

Stop leaking your work schedule to people in these games! It's scummy as it encouages inactivity! ;)

By the way Kenny *IS* scum, discuss.

Archived