The Thing Mafia Game

Chris B

• Paid Members

the_thing_1982_poster.jpg

FLAVOUR - Here's the first part of your game soundtrack. John Carpenter's score is fantastic, and I recommend you listen to it when you're doing long reads of people's posts. It'll be fun.

It's cold. It's fucking cold.

You knew that, of course. You expected that. You signed up for that when you signed up to be on an outpost in the antarctic. You even expected the non-changing atmosphere. Night and days don't happen much here.

You were even sort of prepared for snowblindness and the dawning of craziness. Literal cabin fever. Everyone's going crazy paranoid. That's why you end up playing chess with a computer while drinking whiskey.

What you weren't expecting was the helicopter. And the dog.

It was yesterday. The dog running through the snow towards the base, and the helicopter shooting at it. Then the guy getting out of the helicopter, and shouting at you.

"Se til helvete og kom dere vekk. Det er ikke en bikkje, det er en slags ting! Det imiterer en bikkje, det er ikke virkelig! KOM DERE VEKK IDIOTER!!"

And then he starts shooting. So that ended the only way it could. A dead Norwegian, and a new dog in the kennels.

You'd report it in, but there's nobody to report it to. With the way the storm's moving, you're out of contact for some time yet. So you just leave the body out there to get buried by the snow for the time being.

And then, last night,

. (THAT IS A LINK)

You don't know what's going on. All you know is that this thing....these things...can impersonate the other people in your camp.

Now you just need to work out who it is.

Day One Begins. Deadline is Saturday at 12 Noon

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

First time doing this...hope I didn't fuck anything up. Here's a sample vanilla / human email.

------------------message from base---------------------

There's something in your base. We saw the readings. We don't know what it is. We know that you're human, but that's all we know.

We don't know what that thing is. We don't know how many there are. All we know is that it's aggressive. Right now, we know we can trust you, and that's all.

You need to find out who they are and kill them. Group decision. Only way to be sure. Vote each day. It's the only way you'll survive. Because if they get access to everything on that base, we have no idea what could happen. They look like us when they want to.

Christ. Please. Kill it.

----------------------message ends---------------------------

First time doing this...hope I didn't fuck anything up. Here's a sample vanilla / human email.

Alls good man, might want to pop the player list into one of these posts though :)

Right so day 1 has began, time to lynch Dazz

Vote: Dazz

Hey guys. I may not get many chances to post before the weekend as my mum's in hospital and I'll be visiting a lot. On the other hand, work has been pretty quiet. I won't say I'm V/LA, but don't go crazy if I don't post outside working hours.

In the meantime VOTE Snake Plissken.

Oh, OK then.

VOTE Denzel Maggiore. I ain't seen you around these parts before, son.

• Paid Members

Love the soundtrack touch. I tried the same with Snake's Cowboy game, but it didn't catch on, unfortunately (at least, I don't think it did).

Vote: Mike Castle

What's that? Oh.

Unvote

Vote: Snake Plissken

What? Goddammit.

Vote: Lou Cyfer

We don't take kahndly to strangers reind hiyur!

• Paid Members
Two games on the trot Finlay has been the MVP.

I wouldn't mind so much, but it appears he plays a town game, but is scum.

I don't trust the guy.

Vote: Unfitfinlay

Where's the Yakuza love, SMS? That's why we cut our fingers off and get these fetching tattoos on our faces.

Anyway, should be an interesting game.

VOTE SWIFTSTRIKE

Welcome back Swift.

Two games on the trot Finlay has been the MVP.

I wouldn't mind so much, but it appears he plays a town game, but is scum.

I don't trust the guy.

Vote: Unfitfinlay

Where's the Yakuza love, SMS? That's why we cut our fingers off and get these fetching tattoos on our faces.

Anyway, should be an interesting game.

VOTE SWIFTSTRIKE

Welcome back Swift.

The Takuza love is still there, but this ain't Chinatown, and I'm scared! :(

EBWOP: Should say Yakuza not Takuza.

• Paid Members

The lights just went out. A message came through from the base, but you couldn't hear it. The storm just hit the base hard.

The backup generator kicked in. The lights are back on, but there's this constant whine from the backup that sets your teeth on edge.

Archived