The Thing Mafia Game

Chris B

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
that's alright, when the game starts just PM me info of your role and pass me your account details ;) it'll be like we're masons! :D or lovers!... Ron, be my lover! ;)

Don't do it, Ron. He'll only break your heart and leave you with nothing but sweet, sweet memories that taste like ash when you realise he's gone. Save yourself the heartache and the lube.

With a couple of new to the game people in here, nows a great time to join if you've been reading some of the threads and not played yet - you wont be the only noob and so whilst you can't use the noob card you wont be the first target from scum haha :)

• Paid Members
that's alright, when the game starts just PM me info of your role and pass me your account details ;) it'll be like we're masons! :D or lovers!... Ron, be my lover! ;)

Don't do it, Ron. He'll only break your heart and leave you with nothing but sweet, sweet memories that taste like ash when you realise he's gone. Save yourself the heartache and the lube.

He doesn't even pay for the lube?!

VOTE CHRIS STONE

VOTE CHRIS STONE

The gay bar i frequent has a 'crab bucket' at the end of the bar with plenty of lubes/condom packs for FREE!

Don't worry about the cost of lube, there shall be plenty and if not, we'll just use some cheap tesco hair gel or something... it's water based and does the trick fine! :D

• Paid Members

VOTE CHRIS STONE

The gay bar i frequent has a 'crab bucket' at the end of the bar with plenty of lubes/condom packs for FREE!

Don't worry about the cost of lube, there shall be plenty and if not, we'll just use some cheap tesco hair gel or something... it's water based and does the trick fine! :D

Clearly scum talk here. Trying to get me on his side with the promise of freebies and hair gel, and I'm not even playing!! Keep an eye on him, people.

• Paid Members

Shit or get off the pot, people. I'm working out roles today to PM tonight/tomorrow.

Get yourself registered if you haven't already. I mean it. I mean you. This is going to be a good game. Get in on it.

• Paid Members

Game Rules:

General:

- Please adhere to the site rules.

- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread unless your role PM allows you to do so.

- Day phases will last until the deadline or until a lynch occurs.

- Night Phases will last 24 to 48 hours, depending on circumstances (such as V/LA and so on).

- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread at all.

- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.

- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM the mod.

Voting:

- All votes must be in bold format: Vote: Chris B for example.

- Questions to the mod in bold please, if they need to be in the thread.

- You must unvote before voting. Unvotes must also be in bold.

- Any and all votes will be counted, if you wish to waste a day phase voting for someone not in the game, that's fine by me.

- You may vote No Lynch.

- Voting tricks are not acceptable. If you misspell someone's name intentionally, but I get the gist of it, the vote will count.

- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.

Mechanics:

- Players were assigned their roles at random.

- Feel free to join in the flavour with sigs and avatars - in fact, I encourage it - but they will mean NOTHING in terms of your alignment, character or role.

- Do not edit your posts at all.

- No impossible/hard to read text.

- Flavour text is red, Mod messages will be in blue, as you see in this post.

- Mike Castle has very kindly agreed to be my back-up mod. All his mod posts will be in this colour. Please do not use it.

- To re-create the tense and unpredictable atmosphere of this game, some flavour MAY be game-related, some not at all. It's up to you to decide and agonise over it.

- The Mod may - and indeed, probably will - make mistakes. It's his first time, after all. Much as if he were making sweet, sweet love to you, please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.

- I work. You work. You all know what it's like. PM me, and I'll reply within 24 hours barring serious issues. I don't have any planned, and I will give warning if I think I'm not going to be around for an evening or something. Generally, I'm more likely to be around fairly late.

- Do not use spoiler tags. You have no need to do so. Doing so will invite a warning.

- Finally, remember this is a game. So outright insults will not be tolerated. Play to your win condition, not to disrupt other players from enjoying the game. No tantrums either.

Activity:

-I expect you to post once every 48 hours. If you don't, you will get prodded. If you do not respond to your prod, either in thread if it's during the day, or via PM during the night, then you will be replaced.

-Similarly, if you get prodded three times, and require a fourth, I shan't bother with the fourth prod, instead simply replacing you.

-In order to prevent the problems which arise through non-participation and thus threaten to ruin enjoyment of the game, I will NOT be using Modkills or L-1 penalties in the case of Power Roles as punishment; instead, I shall simply transfer the offending non-participant's powers to a random Vanilla Townie or Mafia Goon, depending on offender's alignment, and the offender shall be designated Powerless. All this will happen via PM, in secret.

-Modkills or L-1 penalties WILL be used in the case of bad sportsmanship or failure to adhere to the rules. The criteria for these, where not clearly outlined, will be decided by myself.

Archived