Raw spoilers for July 4th

PowerButchi

• Moderators
Credit: Bill Peterson and Pwinsider.com

Bill Peterson is in Las Vegas at the taping for the July 4th episode of Raw that is being taped tonight.

At the start of the show they had a graphic announcing that Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, and R Truth will be in a Number One Contender Match for the WWE Title at Money In the Bank. They also announced Alex Riley versus Miz.

John Cena comes out for a promo and he mentions that CM Punk has been stripped of his right to challenge John Cena for the WWE Championship in Chicago. He mentions that is why they are going to do the Triple Threat Match to determine a new number one contender. He also says that they are going to treat things as if CM Punk never existed in WWE.

Cena says that he is not happy with the decision and he believes that Punk was saying what he believes in, but he does not agree with Punk. He does agree with Punk's right to say what he did. Cena says that he wants answers from Vince McMahon and he wants those answers tonight.

John Cena says that he wants to face CM Punk at Money in the Bank

Match Number One: Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres defeat the Bellas when Kelly pinned one of the Bellas.

R Truth is interviewed in the back by Scott Stanford and Truth says that he already beat John Cena so he shouldn't have to win a Triple Threat Match tonight to face Cena at Money in the Bank. Truth talks about how there is a conspiracy.

Truth bumps into Alberto Del Rio and Del Rio tells Truth that it is his destiny.

Match Number Two: WWE Tag Team Champions Michael McGillicutty and David Otunga defeated Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella when McGillicutty pinned Santino after a neck breaker.

After the match, while everyone was still in the ring, Zack Ryder came out onto the stage and said

Have they even mentioned the Money in the bank matches for Raw and Smackdown yet?

Yes. In the spoilers I read they announced the participants outright on last weeks show. No qualification matches.

Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne. Alberto Del Rio, R-Truth, Jack Swagger, Alex Riley, The Miz.

The whole CM Punk angle would have been so much better if this Raw wasn't taped afterwards. There would be a whole week where people would be buzzing over the work-shoot nature. Just bad timing with the US holiday coming up.

They taped 2 weeks worth as the Raw roster is in Australia next week.

After the match, while everyone was still in the ring, Zack Ryder came out onto the stage and said ‘Woo woo woo you know it' and left.

:)

It's almost a decent way of setting up the match, but there's two wee problems - Cena was "fired" about 6 months ago and never actually missed an episode of Raw, why should we care about that stipulation this time around? And second, he already has a match booked for Mania next year...barring injury it will obviously happen so even if Cena left to do a movie or something, he'll be back even before Summerslam, you would think. Bleh, there's always at least two holes in WWE stories, I'm sure Punk will make the thing entertaining none the less.

• Paid Members

Meh, they could well ruin this angle now by running with another 'If Cena loses he is fired' schtick. He will probably win, but he could well lose, and we have another angle of how he managed to get back into the WWE. Either way, it's another 'Cena could be fired' angle.

Meh, they could well ruin this angle now by running with another 'If Cena loses he is fired' schtick. He will probably win, but he could well lose, and we have another angle of how he managed to get back into the WWE. Either way, it's another 'Cena could be fired' angle.

They said he would be fired if CM Punk leaves the WWE with the belt. Punk could win the belt but then get beaten by the MITB winner, hence Cena would not be fired.

*Fantasy booking alert*

I can only see the finish at MITB ending in one way. CM Punk wins the match and celebrates with the title and makes his way back up the ramp. He then gets confronted by the entire locker room and gets the seven shades kicked out of him. The music of the MITB winner hits and cashes in the briefcase to win the strap.

If that doesn't happen then I will eat my hat (which is made of chocolate).

They said he would be fired if CM Punk leaves the WWE with the belt. Punk could win the belt but then get beaten by the MITB winner, hence Cena would not be fired.

This is the one scenario I really hope doesn't happen.

If Alberto wins MITB I think they should rebuild him a little bit before he cashes it in, but that's only because I really like the angle the heels usually do by constantly taunting the champ before finally cashing it in. Besides, going by these spoilers, they've already started to set up his program with Cena by having him win the #1 contendership only for it to be taken away due to Punk being reinstated.

I can only really see R-Truth or Alberto walking out with the Raw breifcase, and I think it would be a little wasted on Alberto since he's already got a reason to get a title match. Plus I think R-Truth needs the MITB to progress his character a bit more than anyone else in the match.

• Paid Members

I know it would never happen but imagine the state of some of the ROHbots if Cena was "fired" and turned up in ROH. :laugh:

The Cena getting fired thing is really annoying, he's not going to get fired, so either Cena wins or he loses and comes back to RAW the next night anyway.

I can't see any other result except Cena winning now after that stipulation, really has ruined the intrigue of the match at MITB. Why add that stip?

Archived