Raw spoilers for July 4th

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Tell you what though, I see Del Rio NOT winning the MITB match now. I reckon they will run a programme where he isn't happy about having to compete in the MITB now that Punk is reinstated, after having already 'won' the no1 contendership, but has no choice but to enter the MITB match to reclaim the title shot. Then he loses. Could be an interesting little angle, moving him away from saying 'my destiny' every week.

Next week still looks brilliant despite no Punk worked shoots, the whole Cena and McMahon thing sounds brilliant and I can't wait to see that, the whole thing reminds me of an Attitude Era type storyline with Cena going against McMahon and now the Cena is Fired if he loses stipulation just makes it even more great and unpredictable. Money In The Bank is going to be immense and I hope it lives up to my expectations, if it does I think it has the potential to be my favourite PPV of 2011 so far and if the Cena and Punk match lives up to my expectations it could have a very high chance of being match of the year contender for me. I love unpredictable matches with amazing crowds and I can see this one ticking both of those boxes with Punk being from Chicago. I love how he mentioned the fans who cheer him are as bad as the ones who boo as well, even though everyone is Chicago will probably cheer him he seems to have deflected that point away now which some people were worried about and now even if they do cheer him he has made it clear that he still doesn't like them and blames them for wanting to leave as much as the ones who boo him.

• Paid Members

I've no idea what to think of the "fired" angle - initially I thought Punk might have resigned with the company. It would have been quite a cool angle to have Punk win the title, then actually defend it outwith the company for a few weeks before Cena goads him back.

As it stands yeah, either he'll win it and the MITB winner will pick up the title after (possibly after interference from Cena, which could be quite a hot angle maybe planting seeds towards a hot heel turn for his Rock feud) or Cena will win the title. Since it's in Chicago I think Punk'll probably win the bout, but I'm disappointed that it probably won't be a long reign for the guy.

• Paid Members
(possibly after interference from Cena, which could be quite a hot angle maybe planting seeds towards a hot heel turn for his Rock feud)

No chance mate.

• Paid Members
(possibly after interference from Cena, which could be quite a hot angle maybe planting seeds towards a hot heel turn for his Rock feud)

No chance mate.

I honestly think Cena'll have a short heel run leading up to his Rock feud, much like HBK with Hogan. Time'll tell...

• Paid Members

Cena cant go back like Michaels did. Michaels whole gimmick isnt that he's an honest, working class, everyday chap who believes in a fair fight and proving he's the best without any help. If he turns heel, he's exposed his 7 years as a face as a shame. If he turns, he turns for good. You cant just dip your biggest stars toe in the heel water and then turn him back like nothings happened.

• Paid Members
Cena cant go back like Michaels did. Michaels whole gimmick isnt that he's an honest, working class, everyday chap who believes in a fair fight and proving he's the best without any help. If he turns heel, he's exposed his 7 years as a face as a shame. If he turns, he turns for good. You cant just dip your biggest stars toe in the heel water and then turn him back like nothings happened.

I think that's overthinking it a tad. Fans are fickle, and with the right angle after Wrestlemania, Cena could get his babyfacing back on track. Plenty heels have done really awful things in the past and turned back with said deeds a distant memory. Cena doesn't need to do anything awful, he just needs to say the right things.

Archived