Chavo Guerrero - Did he ever stand a chance?

RepoMan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Stand a chance" ? He had gainful employment for ten years despite being average as fuck.

Indeed. I can't help thinking that if his second name wasn't Guerrero, he'd have been gone long ago.

The reason Rey got the post-Eddie push is because people actually gave a fuck about him. The reason Chavo was left with the cruisers is that people didn't actually give a fuck about him. He got a waaaay bigger push than he ever deserved on the ECW brand, and Chavo Classic was much more entertaining than him.

• Paid Members

While both are/where very good in the ring the reason Chavo never reached the level of Eddy or Rey is that he doesn't have the charisma they do to make up for his small stature, that said I really did enjoy him in WCW with Pepe and the MIA, he was very entertaining during the los guerrors period in and out of the ring too. Those skits were great.

always seemed like a solid talent but probs would have only lasted about 5 years if it wasnt for the fact Eddie passed and I always thought WWE kept him around out of sentiment or misguided loyalty after that. I quite like him as a straight forward wrestler but he was never what WWE were after really, I was always surprised when they took his contract on

• Paid Members

Aah, remember when Chavo was Cruiserweight Champion and teaming with Roadwarrior Animal, and was on the brink of being a Magnificent 7 member, looking a firm part of the push WCW was giving some of it's lesser talent like Lance Storm?

Hmm, a month later WCW was owned by Vince.

I just wonder how well Chavo may have done if WCW remained?

Either way, he did have a fairly solid little run in WWF/E, and although he was and will never be Eddie, he served a purpose.

Shame Kerwin White never worked out too.

Did he ever stand a chance at what exactly? Being a headliner.

I'll say no. The guy has this natural silliness to his act which makes him being this silly goof who gets bounced around the ring yelling 'woah' his forte. He was right in his element when losing matches to Hornswoggle.

So I would say he's worthy of being in his present role.

I think the WWE felt they had a bit of a duty to keep him on the pay roll for long time after Eddy. His time obviously ran out. still a great worker in my opinion.

Archived