Help me pick my wedding reception playlist

Dead Mike

• Paid Members

I'm getting married in a couple of months & we're able to provide a wish-list of songs to the DJ in advance of the evening reception. We've put the email address on the rsvp cards so people can send in their own recommendations but was looking for a bit of inspiration from peeps on here. I listen to mainly hiphop, rock & metal so am unsure of what songs usually 'fill the floor' but most of the stuff I'd listen to on a daily basis is unsuitable & the thought of JLS, Robbie Williams & Cheryl Cole being played makes me shudder. Any quality 80's, 90's, 00's pop, soft rock etc?

I know there's some DJ's & ex-DJ's on here. help a brother out.

Would probably help to know what sort of pop-type songs you like. I tend to lean towards the idea of going with music you like personally, but applying common sense. Funnily enough, I've just had one of those wedding invitations that asks for a song request for the disco along with your RSVP. I've gone with 'Body of an American' by the Pogues, which will hopefully make the cut as the strongest word in there is 'bastard', and once it kicks in you can definitely dance (i.e jump about drunkenly) to it. Might not be to everybody's tastes, but I thought fuck it, I'm going to have had more than my fill of 'Don't Stop me Now', 'Brown Eyed Girl' and Sex on Fucking Fire by that point.

• Paid Members

I was thinking of some classic GnR, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Whitesnake for the rockier element. Maybe some Phil Collins, Bangles, Prince, James Brown? There were some good 80's pop recommendations in the 80's love-in youtube thread (Boy meets Girl, Rick Springfield). Current pop stuff I quite like is stuff like Destinys Child, Beyonce, some Gaga but I was looking for some ideas of bonafide floor fillers from the peeps that DJ.

Chest - As far as hiphop stuiff goes I reckon I can shoe-horn some Biz Markie in there.

• Moderators

Ooh.. What other rap could you get in there?

Anything by Will Smith is a guaranteed hit, surely.. I reckon you could get away with Baby I got your Money. Also Digital Underground - Humpty Dance; everyone loves that. Hot Stepper is another goodun....

Unrelated - Part Time Lover is must. Definite floor filler!

• Paid Members
Does your partner know you're asking a wrestling forum for advice on music for her wedding reception? As you've already said, you want it to be for the people actually going to enjoy it and dance to it. Not some Rapey Joe hanging around on here.

In fairness, of all the forums I visit this is by far the best when it comes to asking for requests such as this. Also, how do you know my Uncle Joe?

Hophop - MC Hammer? A mate's already requested 'Tap The Bottle' by Young Black Teenagers & said if the DJ hasn't got it he'll bring a copy

I work that many weddings receptions at my place i get sick of hearing the same crap in and out. Mainly anything by Journey or anything by the black eyed pea's or Bon Jovi. So heres something different.

Slayer - Raining Blood

Cradle of Filth - Babalon AD A.D. (So Glad For The Madness)/Born in a burial gown

Killswitch Engage - My Curse

If she likes her number 1 hits play

Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the name of

Limp Bizkit - Rollin

Archived