The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Paid Members

Paul Ince is set for a return to management this week - with League Two side Bristol Rovers.

:laugh: If that turns out to be accurate, they really don't value their League status very highly do they?
Ey? I think he'd do a smashing job at League 2 level. Sounds like a cracking appointment for Rovers.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bizarre decisions in retrospect or plain bad decisions at the time?

A bit of both really, at the time Rhodes was scoring for fun in the reserves and he still didn't get a real chance in the first team which was odd, he also dropped Connor Wickham to the reserves on and off and made an example of out of him on more than one occasion by making him drop down to youth team training. He also used to change the team every week, regardless whether the previous week the eleven he had chosen had won the game and performed well and were fit and available for the next game. Coupled with the fact that most of the players were frightened to death of the bloke and you had a recipe for disaster. I can't see him working in the top two divisions in English football ever again.

I thought he was shit at Sunderland too. Reminds me of another Man United captain, Bryan Robson, in the sense that his aura from his playing career and the money he had to spend made him good in his first job but, as time wore on, he was exposed.

The Garvan sale is and isn't strange. Sometimes, you see why he moved for so little. He's not a brilliant athlete, he's kind of flimsy in the tackle and he does on occasion drift out of games. However, he's ludicrously creative and a fantastic passer of the ball. He's been in and out this year with an injury but when he has got a run of games, as he did at the start of the season and as he has since David Wright got injured, he can really run the show in a way few midfielders at this level can.

EDIT: Watching him more consistently as I have this season, it's quite obvious why Poyet wanted him in the summer, he'd be perfect for Brighton.

Regarding Jordan Rhodes, his dad has a lot to answer for. Was a coach at Barnsley whilst Jordan was in the academy, he was the offered a job at Ipswich. So he took it AND his son down there. If only he'd have been a neglectful father and just fucked off without taking his family.

• Paid Members
A quick question for you, Rick. I've heard the odd whisper up here that a lad called Cameron Stewart is on the radar of the Scottish national team manager. He any good?

I posted that in Scottish Footy thread a while ago! He is good yes. We bought him from Man United for

Not being disrespectful to you lot but I don't think he'll be an England player so he'd be wise to take a chance with Scotland IMO. I think he'll be a Premier Legaue play again in a year or so, if not with us then with someone.

No offence taken. If the lad was born in England I'd expect his first choice to be England, but if he decides to play for Scotland and the reports I've heard are true then I'll be delighted.

Archived