Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Guys I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be around much in this day phase as I have some website issues I've put off for too long now and desperately need to be addressed coupled with IRL office grief means I'm not going to be around until Thurs eve or more probably Friday AM.

I haven't had time yet to read through what's happened so I'm can't make any decent comment at the moment either.

Mod V/LA until Friday AM

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Buddying AND ignoring my question, Bristep?

Vote Bristep

(I hope that isn't a hammer. I honestly have no idea what's going on, other than that Kenny's dead).

That was the third vote of the day. If you were keeping tabs on Bristep you'd have known that. And if you'd have cared if it was a hammer then you'd have checked first, no?

Buddying AND ignoring my question, Bristep?

Vote Bristep

(I hope that isn't a hammer. I honestly have no idea what's going on, other than that Kenny's dead).

I don't have the energy to give you a rundown of the game, and I certainly don't have the energy to defend my interpretation of the game from any scum desperate to get me lynched :)

and that hammer comment is supremely suspect. If you didn't want to hammer you wouldn't have casually dropped in a vote. (Especially when that would send us to night, meaning our game would be down for the same period as your MS one).

• Paid Members
Not sure if this was the direction people were going, but just to be absolutely sure: Kenny's "bah!" post was purely that. It was a reference to Big Trouble In Little China, and nothing more. I know enough of Kenny's character in these games to know he wouldn't try to influence the game after being eriminated.

Aaaah, okay. It coming so soon after I said I thought he and Snake were aligned made me think Kurt Russell = Snake Plissken. Been too long since I've seen Big Trouble In Little China, I guess.

Have to agree that Chris B's "Hope this isn't a hammer" vote was really suspicious. If you think there's the possibility it's a hammer then why vote at all? Especially if you don't really know what's going on.

I'm really struggling this time to get some good thoughts on the go. Anybody want to give me some good reasons why they should be trusted? I'm looking at people who have been put under the microscope in particular, guys like Bristep, and Ron. What should stop me from sticking a lynch vote on you?

Right on the comment of me dying down a bit - I'm sorry about that guys, my PC has died so i'm trying to get some posts done whilst i get a go on my other halfs macbook unfortunatly though it hasn't allowed for me to look back on posts too much (he has been off work the past few days) so i can't just take over his computer for too long. Anyway i was hoping to do it today, though he has been sent home from work (over staffed) so i'm not sure i'll be able to. This has been some of the reason i've not backed too much up with quotes etc.

Anyway right now we do need to agree on a lynch target, the lack of day kill thus far is slowly making me reassess the idea that we have a scum day kill, perhaps it was an SK and furthermore perhaps it was a gambit killing off kenny, but again i still don't like that idea and would be more convinced of the idea of it being a case of 3 killers scum with a night kill.

Part of the reason for pushing my idea so aggressively is not only because i did believe it would be a possibility but also because i thought reactions to such things at this point might be interesting to try and read and i believe it might be, i need to take another look over.

On this Bristep is right, we can't make 100% assumptions and as such we can't outright deny the possibility of anything - some of the evidence supports my idea, but it also supports a 3 killer setup.

I need to properly catch up with things as i've said, I'm going to be running a search for cases on pretty much everybody in the game seeing if that much of an open mind will throw up anything that may have been missed.

I'm still suspicious of Bristep, I'm not convinced he is town at this point but i want to look for as many cases as possible to get a solid case either on him but equally on anyone else i feel to be scummy at this point.

I'm really struggling this time to get some good thoughts on the go. Anybody want to give me some good reasons why they should be trusted? I'm looking at people who have been put under the microscope in particular, guys like Bristep, and Ron. What should stop me from sticking a lynch vote on you?

In my mind, at this point in the game it's not a case of 'convince me i shouldn't be voting you' it's quite obvious everybody has been quite good at not making obvious slip ups - it's a case of you saying why we should vote for someone.

That's lazy scum hunting Dazz and i don't think it helps us at all... complete whitenoise from you there.

• Paid Members

I'd suggest you read the topic and make up your own mind, just as I've done.

Vote Bristep

And Dazz, I'm not sure if this is an attempt to milk the fact you're new or what, but you can only get away with that for so long.

FOS Dazz

In my mind, at this point in the game it's not a case of 'convince me i shouldn't be voting you' it's quite obvious everybody has been quite good at not making obvious slip ups - it's a case of you saying why we should vote for someone.

That's lazy scum hunting Dazz and i don't think it helps us at all... complete whitenoise from you there.

Agreed, I recall the exact same question being asked by Dazz in the last game.

Dazz, turn that question around. Why shouldn't we vote for you at this point?

Why shouldn't you vote for me? I'm Town. There'd be no benefit to voting for me unless you were Scum looking to eliminate the Townies. Plain and simple.

I admit, perhaps that last post was a bit lazy of me, and I should be trying a bit harder. Like a few other people in this game, I've had a tough weekend/start of week at work, couple that with morons next door starting installing a kitchen bright and early in the morning, = Dazz feeling slightly unwell.

I'm going to endeavor to get through a lot more of this game, as the day phase continues and start making proper judgements. I just didn't wanna be one of those players who never says anything. I'll note that it comes across as lazy and use it to better myself going forward.

I'm also conscious that I don't want to lie on the "i'm new, be nice to me" thing any more. I've played one game, and I'm in a second game, so it's time to be a bit more legit and become a proper player and not be lazy in my questioning and be proper. So please accept my apologies, but going forward I'd hope to be better :).

Anyway, moving on, As I said, I'm town. There's no benefit to lynching me, and, I have no special ability at this time. So, pure vanilla here, looking to eliminate any of the scum elements that are in this game.

Also, Ron, I respect the FOS you've fired at me, but, I hope the above clarifies my standpoint. OR are you just trying, like someone else already has, to make me an easy target due to my nieveity?

• Paid Members
endeavor

You're new to my games, so I'll give you a pass this time, but if you're in any of my games again, I'll put you at L-1 straight away for using American spelling. Ohhh, believe it.

Co-incidentally, I'll never be made a mod of this forum.

Why shouldn't you vote for me? I'm Town. There'd be no benefit to voting for me unless you were Scum looking to eliminate the Townies. Plain and simple.

I admit, perhaps that last post was a bit lazy of me, and I should be trying a bit harder. Like a few other people in this game, I've had a tough weekend/start of week at work, couple that with morons next door starting installing a kitchen bright and early in the morning, = Dazz feeling slightly unwell.

I'm going to endeavor to get through a lot more of this game, as the day phase continues and start making proper judgements. I just didn't wanna be one of those players who never says anything. I'll note that it comes across as lazy and use it to better myself going forward.

I'm also conscious that I don't want to lie on the "i'm new, be nice to me" thing any more. I've played one game, and I'm in a second game, so it's time to be a bit more legit and become a proper player and not be lazy in my questioning and be proper. So please accept my apologies, but going forward I'd hope to be better :).

Anyway, moving on, As I said, I'm town. There's no benefit to lynching me, and, I have no special ability at this time. So, pure vanilla here, looking to eliminate any of the scum elements that are in this game.

Also, Ron, I respect the FOS you've fired at me, but, I hope the above clarifies my standpoint. OR are you just trying, like someone else already has, to make me an easy target due to my nieveity?

This reads to me like this.

"I'm totally town, not scum"

"Sorry for lurking I promise not to anymore"

Roleclaim without prompt

"Ron you FOS'ed me, I respect that but I'll sow seeds that imply you might be scum"

Papa no like.

FOS Dazz

EBWOP : Oh Carbomb, no need to labor the point ;)

Archived