WWECW Gems

kamicazze

The great Test match was against RVD. Test and Holly had a match when Holly returned from his back injury - it wasn't very good!

I would put out the Extreme Rules matches with RVD/Sabu vs Knox/Test, and ig Show against Flair, as well as the WM23 Rematch with the New Breeds vs Originals

• Paid Members

I believe Miz & Morrison had a decent rumble with the Hardys on ECW. I personally enjoyed Punk's debut against Justin Credible at the Hammestein, but that may have been more to do with me marking out that they seemed to know who he was, rather than the quality of the match.

On Smarkschoice, another wrestling board, I voted on a poll for the best matches from that brand, the top twenty five is below -

#25. Christian vs. Tommy Dreamer - ECW on Sci-Fi 4/28/09 (80 points, 3 votes)

#24. Christian vs. William Regal - ECW on Sci-Fi 1/19/10 (81 points, 2 votes)

#23. The Miz/John Morrison vs. Shannon Moore/Jimmy Yang - ECW on Sci-Fi 1/8/08 (81 points, 3 votes)

#22. Christian vs. William Regal - ECW on Sci-Fi 11/10/09 (82 points, 2 votes)

#21. Chavo Guerrero vs. CM Punk - ECW on Sci-Fi 3/4/08 (93 points, 4 votes)

#20. Christian vs. Yoshi Tatsu - ECW on Sci-Fi 10/27/09 (95 points, 3 votes)

#19. Bubba Ray Dudley/D-Von Dudley vs. Tommy Dreamer/Sandman - One Night Stand 6/12/05 (96 points, 3 votes)

#18. Christian vs. William Regal - Superstars 1/14/10 (100 points, 3 votes)

#17. Matt Hardy vs. John Morrison - ECW on Sci-Fi 8/26/08 (109 points, 3 votes)

#16. Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka - One Night Stand 6/12/05 (110 points, 3 votes)

#15. Hardcore Holly vs. Rob Van Dam - ECW on Sci-Fi 9/26/06 (113 points, 3 votes, 1 second-place vote)

#14. Matt Hardy vs. Jack Swagger - ECW on Sci-Fi 1/13/09 (115 points, 4 votes)

#13. Test vs. Rob Van Dam - ECW on Sci-Fi 10/3/06 (116 points, 3 votes)

#12. Big Show vs. Ric Flair - ECW on Sci-Fi 7/11/06 (117 points, 4 votes)

#11. John Cena vs. Rob Van Dam - One Night Stand 6/11/06 (120 points, 3 votes)

#10. Evan Bourne vs. Matt Hardy - Cyber Sunday 10/26/08 (125 points, 5 votes)

#9. Christian vs. William Regal - Breaking Point 9/13/09 (133 points, 3 votes)

#8. Evan Bourne vs. Chavo Guerrero - ECW on Sci-Fi 10/14/08 (167 points, 4 votes, 1 second-place vote)

#7. Christian vs. Jack Swagger - Backlash 4/26/09 (168 points, 4 votes)

#6. Edge/Mick Foley/Lita vs. Tommy Dreamer/Terry Funk/Beulah McGillicutty - One Night Stand 6/11/06 (196 points, 4 votes, 1 first-place vote, 2 second-place votes, 1 third-place vote)

#5. Evan Bourne vs. John Morrison - ECW on Sci-Fi 4/14/09 (198 points, 5 votes)

#4. Matt Hardy vs. Finlay vs. The Miz vs. John Morrison - ECW on Sci-Fi 7/22/08 (199 points, 5 votes, 1 second-place vote, 1 third-place vote)

#3. Tommy Dreamer/Sabu/Sandman/Rob Van Dam vs. Elijah Burke/Marcus Cor Von/Matt Striker/Kevin Thorn - ECW on Sci-Fi 4/3/07 (202 points, 5 votes, 1 third-place vote)

#2. John Morrison vs. CM Punk - ECW on Sci-Fi 9/4/07 (206 points, 5 votes, 1 third-place vote)

#1. Christian vs. Jack Swagger - ECW on Sci-Fi 2/24/09 (248 points, 5 votes, 4 first-place votes, 1 third-place vote)

The rest are here - http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.php?showtopic=53857

Why are we all forgetting the brilliance of December to Dismember?

Such classics like the brilliant ladder match that would prove to be joey mercurys career defining moment! and the barely forgettable extreme elimination chamber. Brilliant ppv all in all I think we'll all agree

Why are we all forgetting the brilliance of December to Dismember?

Such classics like the brilliant ladder match that would prove to be joey mercurys career defining moment! and the barely forgettable extreme elimination chamber. Brilliant ppv all in all I think we'll all agree

Mercury had his nose smashed up at Armageddon, so December to Dismember doesn't even have that going for it

• Awards Moderator

The ECW Originals vs. New Breed eight-man Extreme Rules match from the week after WM23 was possibly the best match of that type WWE's ever done. Would have stolen the show if they'd put it on 'Mania.

Big Show's matches, against RVD and Flair particularly, were among his best too. Hardcore Holly also had one of his best ever matches against RVD on ECW.

CM Punk vs. Morrison for the title is another contender, as were Christian's title matches against Regal towards the end. Most of Christian's matches there were top quality (he had good ones against Ezekiel Jackson, Zack Ryder and more).

Miz and Morrison vs. Jimmy Yang and Shannon Moore - it may have been either two out of three falls, or a 15-minute Iron Man, or something like that - was one of the better WWE tag matches of recent years.

Was Evan Bourne vs. Matt Hardy from Cyber Sunday an ECW-brand match? Because that was excellent.

I couldn't name specifics, but I'm pretty sure the likes of Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston and Goldust were having consistently good-to-great matches on ECW too.

You know what, I kind of miss WWE's ECW. Loads of great in-ring action throughout its existence, more than enough good stuff to balance out the rubbish. It had several great storylines as well - the initial months of Colin Delaney, or the Balls Mahoney-Kelly Kelly relationship both come to mind. It was always third in priorities, but that was fine because it served a purpose and did it well - it got newer characters ready to move on to RAW or SmackDown, and allowed veterans a chance to reestablish themselves or help out the younger guys on their way up.

I'd be quite happy for it to come back. Chris Masters would probably be ECW Champion if it was still around...

Although it was a dire tv program

It really wasn't. It's the only wrestling TV show that, when I started watching, I didn't stop. One hour every week and it was decent at worst.

Funny as fuck that the first One Night Stand was associated with the new one.

In it's early days WWECW was the best wrestling TV show being put on by the E imo and was also a fine example of how to use the brand split, I remember being able to watch the show as a completly different brand.

Problem was it was never big enough for it's own PPV and they should have just stuck with the TV show and one or two ECW brand matchs on the big four PPV's imo.

ECW mark 2 was excellent. The New Talent Initiative was great, and even the utterly dreadful Tiffany was somehow acceptable as the GM. Since I started watching wrestling again in the summer of 2008, it was the one show I can honestly say I enjoyed the most out of everything current I've watched since.

Archived