Smackdown

King Pitcos

Just watched Smackdown. What did everyone else think? I thought near enough the whole thing was a waste of time, except for Randy Orton in the last minute or two. His little dance before RKOing Henry and then the jumping toe-touch afterwards is my favourite thing Orton's done since that time he interfered in a John Cena match in 2007

Other notable thing was Booker T's rubbishness. He's worse than Adamle. At one point during the Bryan vs Chavo match, Booker started talking some shite about how he's in the fall season of his life, and then there was no noise from the commentators for a bit. But in the background of the shot, Cole was in fits of laughter, I assume Booker was getting a bollocking.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched Smackdown. What did everyone else think? I thought near enough the whole thing was a waste of time, except for Randy Orton in the last minute or two. His little dance before RKOing Henry and then the jumping toe-touch afterwards is my favourite thing Orton's done since that time he interfered in a John Cena match in 2007

Wow, that is quite weird. :laugh:

• Paid Members
Other notable thing was Booker T's rubbishness. He's worse than Adamle. At one point during the Bryan vs Chavo match, Booker started talking some shite about how he's in the fall season of his life, and then there was no noise from the commentators for a bit. But in the background of the shot, Cole was in fits of laughter, I assume Booker was getting a bollocking.

I think Cole gets a laugh out of cunting off Booker, and to be fair it's not hard. During Natayla VS Bella, Natayla hit a discus lariet/punch/breast/whatever and Cole said 'Shades of her father, Jim The Anvil Neidhart'. Booker, after a couple of seconds silence said in his stereotypical Gary Coleman impersonation voice 'Whatchoo talking about?'. Cole cut him down and yet again, Booker sounded like a complete weapon.

I had hopes for SD! after the draft, but I can't stand it right now. Quick thoughts in lieu of wasting my time writing about it...

* Randy's splits jump was the campest thing I've seen on TV since Cody's Grooming Tips

* I've always hated the idea of WWE pumping in crowd reactions in post-production: hearing the silence surrounding Ezekiel's promo made me reconsider

* Cody is the best thing on the show by a mile, but he needs something to do

* the commentary is beyond awful at the moment. Booker's the big problem, obviously - worst in memory - but they're an awful team

• Paid Members

So/so episode of Smackdown - better than this week's tedious RAW, but still pretty uneventful.

And I agree, Booker was attrocious once again, I don't see how they can keep the guy on commentary much longer. He's so bad he can actually make it difficult to enjoy the show. He'd still offer something to the brand as an active wrestler, so why not make him an in ring competitor once again?

• Paid Members
During Natayla VS Bella, Natayla hit a discus lariet/punch/breast/whatever and Cole said 'Shades of her father, Jim The Anvil Neidhart'. Booker, after a couple of seconds silence said in his stereotypical Gary Coleman impersonation voice 'Whatchoo talking about?'. Cole cut him down and yet again, Booker sounded like a complete weapon.

In fairness to Booker, I never once saw the Anvil do a discus punch/lariat. That exchange made Cole look the weapon to me, straight out of the "Wade Barrett used to bare knuckle fight in Romania" school of "you're just making shit up."

Why the fuck did Tandy Borton do that silly star jump? Is this character development? Next week watch out for a continuance cartwheel down the entrance ramp. Mark Henry anywhere near the main event just shows how fucking dire the main event scene is at the moment. I have absolutely no desire to watch him.

What on Earth was Orton playing at? I've just got done watching Smackdown and had to watch the RKO over and over again because I just couldn't believe what I was seeing, it was one of the most bizarre and hilarious things I've ever seen.

Archived