Pope D'Angelo Dinero leaving wrestling?

Saw this on pwinsider.com and wrestlingobserver.com.....

'Pope D'Angelo Dinero certainly teased the idea of leaving TNA as on twitter today he wrote: "My time has come. It's time to move on. I've served well. Hope no one has been disappointed, hope my hard work has been applauded and appreciated.'

This may time in to the fact Elijah Burke graduated college with a criminal justice major last week.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will probably make me sound like a right nerd, but when he first came on the scene in TNA, I honestly felt he was the closest we had to the next Rock. Seriously. Apparently he was a pain backstage, or at least that's what I read was why TNA so HORRIFICALLY mismanaged him last year. The coolest guy in the world for a few months, was The Pope.

The Pope's leaving wrestling.. does that mean he's heading back to WWE? lol.. All jokes aside, i actually like Burke and feel both TNA and WWE dropped the ball with him.. I enjoyed his work in OVW also (then again, OVW was the most consistant and enjoyable weekly wrestling show around that time).. If he's moving on to bigger and better things i'm happy for him, but will be sorry to see him go..

Gotta feel sorry for guys like Burke - in the "good times" they'd be well utilised and make a few quid. If he quit today he probably wouldn't have that much to show for it financially, as I'd imagine he'd have been doing well to cover much more than his study fees with his wrestling earnings.

• Paid Members

How have they misused AJ Styles? For someone of his size and charisma, they've done wonders with him. They always give him the time to wrestle his style of match.

And Samoa Joe's a fat bastard, who hasnt performed to the level which everyone thinks he can perform at since about 2008.

Styles has been missused in the last few years I think. Ever since he started wearing Flair's robe. As for Joe, he isn't motivated, they changed him so much he bec ame a shadow of his former self. Long before he became a big fan of pies.

• Paid Members
Styles has been missused in the last few years I think. Ever since he started wearing Flair's robe. As for Joe, he isn't motivated, they changed him so much he bec ame a shadow of his former self. Long before he became a big fan of pies.

So they gave AJ Styles a character and thats misusing him? The best thing he'd ever done was pretend to be Ric Flair. He was hilarious. He'd previously been a slack-jawed faggot who couldnt string a sentance together. They have to try something with him, because without a character Styles is useless on the mic.

And Joe's just fucked. He's an acquired tastes to start with, and he cant talk, so the last thing he needed was to pile the weight on and grow the worst facial hair in the history of the business.

• Paid Members
He is really good. Then again so is Joe and Styles. What they all have in common is they are all miss used by TN..... Sorry Impact Wrestling.

Let me guess...they're wasting Christopher Daniels too?

Wasn't he born a fan of pies ? ;)

• Paid Members
How have they misused AJ Styles?

Ric Flair's protege was fucking horrendous. As bad as the time they made him Vince Ruso's bitch. Styles as a heel isn't a bad thing, he's naturally cocky. Styles as a heel over-shadowed by someone who has no place talking for him while titles and pushes come and go as quickly as in Russo's WCW is definitely a bad thing.

Archived